Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Will be interesting to see what happens cos that rush up from France looks to have got pretty stuck in the Channel and even decaying, although some looks to have edged in a little towards the SW coast when watching radar

It's been flurries all night here dropping down to light flutters but no further depth, we're still on a BIG oooo 2mm, if that! 

4 minutes ago, tinybill said:

all i can  say it could be very interesting  to day

the yellow warning has just been extended to cover the Thames Estuary

warn.JPG

Edited by Speedbird
  • Like 2

Very cold wind blowing this morning, icicles on cars too:cold:

• Like 1

That stuff coming out of France could give as some big blizzards  perhaps a new weather warning coming!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stormmanic said:

Light snow falling again. That wind is.a killer!

wind chill must be very high

7 minutes ago, tinybill said:

That stuff coming out of France could give as some big blizzards  perhaps a new weather warning coming!

BBC news are showing diddly for our region, pretty much all sweeping west. Confused.com

3 minutes ago, shotski said:

BBC news are showing diddly for our region, pretty much all sweeping west. Confused.com

I thought everything had shifted east this morning:cc_confused:

22 minutes ago, shotski said:

Maybe they are not using the latest info yet?

Met Office morning forecast also showing nothing but patchy snow - looks like a significant downgrade!!!

Radar seems to be showing precipitation building across Essex. Dry but cloudy here at the moment -4.7 :cold:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, svalji said:

Met Office morning forecast also showing nothing but patchy snow - looks like a significant downgrade!!!

This region never looked anything more than patchy snow for today anyway.

Its no downgrade - it’s no upgrade I’ll go with!!!

Edited by Ben Lewis

3 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Radar seems to be showing precipitation building across Essex. Dry but cloudy here at the moment -4.7 :cold:

yes, not quite understanding the radar returns at the moment - local radar showing moderate precip over SE Essex but there is nothing dropping from the sky - even the METO forecast is unrealistic.

7 minutes ago, svalji said:

Nowcast nowcast nowcast

The ppn in the north sea is turning nw..and gaining strength.  The other blob seems to be pushing further north. And east than expected

Think the radar is struggling with the amount of snow being blown about by the wind hence the false returns.

its actually snowing very lightly here but it’s goig sideways not down because the wind is so strong. The main chunk of snow potential isn’t forecasted to reach us until after mid morning I don’t think.

10 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

yes, not quite understanding the radar returns at the moment - local radar showing moderate precip over SE Essex but there is nothing dropping from the sky - even the METO forecast is unrealistic.

Same, I check the radar to see if it's worth checking the window and it's all lies!

That wind though, so bitter.

Morning all :) You know nothing's happening when your regional thread is at the bottom of the list!

• Haha 1

Light snow in NW London. Precipitation is weakening, or at least for our region. I'd expect no more than a cm or two over the next couple of hours before fizzling out. Tomorrows chances look better! 

Edited by Mark Bayley

Very windy this morning, those gusts are not pleasant. So is the radar not quite right then? Because it looks like snow coming up from the south west!? I was going to attempt to clear the paths around my bungalow but if there’s more coming, I’m staying warm inside :cold: and not wasting my time. At least schools had sense to stay closed today, roads are treacherous still even though no snow has come down since early evening yesterday but snow drifts blocking even the main roads.

Not so much more snow, it’s problems with existing snow here. Many roads blocked by drifts here, even A roads. Nothing between here and Denmark to stop the wind, and all coming off open farmland to cover the roads. 

Good morning everyone, we have snow in Stevenage but very light flurries in the wind. Our snow depth has improved overnight from dusting to icing. Reckon we got 1/4 of a millimetre. 

Radar is bonkers -snow over almost the whole of the UK bar - yep, Norfolk.....how on earth does this happen?

Sorry for hopping into your thread from the Kent thread but I need a heads up from anyone in Chelmsford, what's it like at present and the roads? I've got a meeting after lunch and not sure to travel or not, still quite bad in my area of Boxley (Medway/Maidstone)

Edited by Kent Blizzard