Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

So tomorrow

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?28-17   arpegeuk-43-26-0.png?28-17

Looks brutal, sub-zero across the board with a wind chill of around -10/11C. So it is going to feel bitterly cold.

The Arpege gives some light to moderate snow tomorrow, more especially for southern and western parts of the region, but I think it will be down to radar watching I feel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All I have to go on is the temp gauge in my car, but it was -4c at 8:45am, -2.5 at 1:30pm and -5c 30 minutes ago. Tad on the chilly side and the wind is bitter!:cold:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It looks so nice out, I think I might take a wee mosey along to Tesco and buy myself a celebratory bottle of vodka? I'm sure my jeans will have dried by now!:santa-emoji:

Good plan, I only popped to the shop to get some warming red wine, it would be rude not to. 

Pleased to report that I have icicles on my house and car, not seen that in many years.

Delete!

Edited by saint
  • Thanks 1

Just back from a walk in my local park:
snow lovers dream criteria:

blowing snow - check
white out conditions - check
freezing temperatures- that leave any bit of you, exposed, very red - check

I'm running out of superlatives to describe it, this is up there with 2010-little did i think i would see anything like that again. I guess if i was guaranteed this ever year i would not appreciate it as much

• Like 2

12z Euro has snow for more southern and western of the region and the capital it seems still 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saint said:

12z Euro has snow for more southern and western of the region and the capital it seems still 

its not out yet saint ???

1 minute ago, bluearmy said:

its not out yet saint ???

The stills of the 12z Euro4 were posted in the South West chat about five mins ago. 

2 minutes ago, saint said:

The stills of the 12z Euro4 were posted in the South West chat about five mins ago. 

sorry - euro4

I think its a toss of a coin whether we see much more than persistent flurries tomorrow or something a bit more substantail

thought you meant ec 

Edited by bluearmy

Lampost viewing has begun! :)

Moderate/light snow still falling in Central parts of London.

• Like 1

There's a lot of showers in the north sea tonight just clipping the North Norfolk coast heading towards Lincolnshire as they head west, hopefully we can all catch a few of them

Not much here. Very patchy, couple of cm where the sun hasn’t shone, very patchy everywhere else. More noticeable is the daytime  cold and black ice in villages. First ice day since I got my weather station 3 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

sorry - euro4

I think its a toss of a coin whether we see much more than persistent flurries tomorrow or something a bit more substantail

thought you meant ec 

Which is more accurate in your view euro 4 or hirlam ?

I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be very frustrating for most in this regionn but Friday may give more snowfall to most of the region, how much is unknown but there are some suggestions the front may stall over the northern part of the region before dying out. 

Edited by Frostbite1980
  • Like 2

You can almost feel the bitter wind blowing.... I have a video of the snow drifting but it's too large for the forum!

20180228_160001.jpg

• Like 1

No lamppost needed!

Heavy/moderate snow still falling...

DSC_1196.thumb.JPG.04e74dfeb26290b472e34b7050b6421a.JPG

DSC_1194.thumb.JPG.e365dfa981b81f144da9b6be1f08ffc4.JPG

DSC_1197.JPG

• Like 3

ECMWF a tad further east... Nothing like the HIRLAM, but still. Possibility of a few CM's the further west you are.

Crikey, -5.5 driving home from work at 5pm

The cold is intense - near on comparison to how it felt in Montreal Canada earlier this year. Incredible 

icicles hanging from cars and gutters, last time I saw that - well I can’t even remember.

• Like 3