Snow?

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hope it's ok to share some pictures I took whilst out around our little village this morning   I won't bore you with them all, but here's a few of my favourites  

Late Feb sun is strong, but i didn't think it was strong enough to melt roads

The thaw not very far away now. An'interesting winter indeed...and coming now to conclusion. Its been emotional and at times frustrating. Over and out. See ya-all november...ish.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Agree the old forecasts and forecasters were so much better and they seemed to be actually interested in the Metorology of it like Sir Rob Mcelwee

McCaskill (originally) and then McElwee were inspiring. They LOVED their weather!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Agree the old forecasts and forecasters were so much better and they seemed to be actually interested in the Metorology of it like Sir Rob Mcelwee

What a legend he was. Very unique and clever terminology he used! Reminds me of 2009-2010. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Sno' problem said:

It looks like it's going to be another late night! And here I was thinking that I would get some sleep now that the Winter Olympics have finished!! :D

Surely you should be saving up sleep for when our chances improve Tuesday into Wednesday! :D

Just now, saint said:

Surely you should be saving up sleep for when our chances improve Tuesday into Wednesday! :D

You just read my mind!! :D

I can't help myself... I do love watching the radar evolve, it has taught me a huge amount over the years.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Sno' problem said:

You just read my mind!! :D

I can't help myself... I do love watching the radar evolve, it has taught me a huge amount over the years.

Haha, it is good fun! Also, I feel that the more shower activity even at this early stage will bode well for the next few days For those of us away from the Thames streamer. 

Edited by saint

Evening all,

I have just driven back from Gatwick to Southend, and I saw the first few flurries as I arrived in Southend....  safe to say I could count all 12 of them :-)

Hopefully loads more to come!

I noticed, when I was landing at Gatwick a little bit earlier, all the snow plows were fired up lights flashing drivers checking over the vehicles, they are clearly expecting some gainfully employment soon.

here is hoping

Cheers

FC

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Sno' problem said:

The ppn is building slowly over to the East over Northern Germany and Southern Denmark. That has our region's name all over it: http://meteoradar.co.uk/realtime-rainradar#

Euro radar .png

Them showers will fade as they travel on land but if you follow the shower lines along the moisture line they will fire again when it hits water just off the coast of The Netherlands (The North Sea), this moisture line i believe is what is now going up in the Estuary.

The showers over Norfolk are from a different longer track moisture train coming off the coast of Denmark, but that won't mean it beats the power of the Estuary plume.