Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Tomorrow looking like we could have a couple of cms but thats it, Friday looks interesting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, yamkin said:

Heavy Snow Here #BeastFromTheEast

IMG-20180228-WA0000.thumb.jpg.fdfba18cec2c0d0c692e5877695aacdc.jpg

So is that it for snow in our region now. It seems Thursday and Friday's potential have been downgraded.

Just now, Bricriu said:

So is that it for snow in our region now. It seems Thursday and Friday's potential have been downgraded.

Still some uncertainty so the further south and west the better, so you may still do pretty well tomorrow into Friday. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Bricriu said:

thats just the latest guidance, but no one can really tell you until its here

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, saint said:

Still some uncertainty so the further south and west the better, so you may still do pretty well tomorrow into Friday. 

Thanks.

I just need one more day- even a few hours of heavy snow will do. Then i can handle it geting milder over the weekend

Just now, Bricriu said:

Thanks.

I just need one more day- even a few hours of heavy snow will do. Then i can handle it geting milder over the weekend

Friday may be the best bet with it being heavy PPN. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Icicles forming here too now - honestly can't remember the last time I saw one!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Snow getting heavier again in north Essex

And in the south, and I can confirm it is absolutely bitter out there!

Bright and breezy and -5C. It looks as if some small, light snow showers are coming in from the east?:santa-emoji:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, saint said:

Friday may be the best bet with it being heavy PPN. 

Agree J, Also reading through Model thread, For the weekend not looking as mild as first suggested, Although any form of Mildness will be very short lived indeed. Cold trend still favourable...

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mikel Nimbus said:

This thing has grown from nothing over the last few hours. Almost half a meter in length. Think I might need to call out the gutterers.

ZCzByWN.jpg

People below need to watch out :shok:.

Maybe wearing one these might be worth a go 😂

5F36AD85-1C1C-46CA-9A63-01FE42921AE2.jpeg

1 minute ago, Jason T said:

Agree J, Also reading through Model thread, For the weekend not looking as mild as first suggested, Although any form of Mildness will be very short lived indeed. Cold trend still favourable...

Like most of the week it seems that tomorrow and Friday will be now cast situations, but hopefully our south-western position in the region will help. 

• Like 1

Well not too much snow here in the end (An inch or so), but my goodness the cold has been on another level today. A high of -3C which is extrodinary for the time of year.

The cloud is breaking up to reveal some glorious winter sunshine, though that wind is really whipping up and blowing the snow everywhere.

• Like 3

You can see on radar the shower feed starting to lift again as it reaches the bottom extent of the dip in the wave.

6 minutes ago, Lowestoft Weather said:

People below need to watch out :shok:.

Maybe wearing one these might be worth a go 😂

5F36AD85-1C1C-46CA-9A63-01FE42921AE2.jpeg

The neighbour's cats usually sit down below. Might be needing to use one of their 9 lives if that icicle becomes airborne.

Looking at the radar showers seem to be building in the southern North Sea from mid Suffolk down to the Thames estuary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Well not too much snow here in the end (An inch or so), but my goodness the cold has been on another level today. A high of -3C which is extrodinary for the time of year.

The cloud is breaking up to reveal some glorious winter sunshine, though that wind is really whipping up and blowing the snow everywhere.

Reminds me of March 1st 1980 when Manston's maximum of 0C made it the coldest March day for x-number of years...Tomorrow will undoubtedly tonk that. As did March 1st 1986...

Not quite as cold as the -22C recorded in Scotland in March 2001, though!:shok:

Well after being very doom and gloom this morning, we've had snow pretty much all day today. Some of it light and patchy but we've had some really heavy, blizzard-like bursts. Had about an inch, although the wind has created some deeper drifts. Looks very dry now on the radar. Will be nasty out there if it freezes tonight. Glad to see my Cambridgeshire gang got some snow today, and other areas that had been starved this week. Fingers' crossed for a little bit more over the next couple of days

Edited by icy toes

Another shower seems to be imminent. I hope it does not break up.

ln The BBC app bucks has heavy snow showers forecast most of the night - not expected

Just been out to dig my way to the garage so I can get food from the freezer. A good foot of standing snow but opened the gate onto our easterly facing drive and its 2-3ft deep in drift. No way is the car going anywhere (neighbour tried with his snow tyres on and still got stuck). Nice and bright now but bitter in the wind that's increasing. Don't think we've got any warmer than -2c today.

Is that it for Norfolk....