Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

East Anglia and North London weather discussion (25/02/2018) onward

Posted (edited)

Already a cm here...topping up quickly!!!

20180302_143622.jpg

20180302_143617.jpg

20180302_143957.jpg

Edited by tight isobar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Bayley said:

Moderate snow in Harrow. Should go back to light snow soon. Radar suggests a cm or two for this area. 

heavy snow now here

• Like 1

The radar has gone crazy in the last 30 minutes. Flakes getting bigger here.

• Like 1

Looking at the radar, the very SE corner of Essex is probably gonna miss the heavy snow, as its building up once it hits land........looking good for north essex though!!

• Like 2

Quick request if I may: I'm due to survey a site south of Norwich on Monday. can anyone give me an idea of lying snow depths in the local area ?

Thanks

Agreed best snow of the week here near Aylesbury - we have had some epic drifting here on the open fields though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

heavy snow now here

Yes, still moderate here (never sure what the distinction between heavy and moderate snow is, but it is closer to the former). Seems to strengthening as it moves north, so I reckon it will stay in the moderate to light category here. 

• Like 1

Heavy snow in Camden Town, I’ve just hot footed it out of work.

interestingly my childminder has just said it’s drizzling back at home in Brentwood, anyone else over that way confirm?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Glacier Point said:

Quick request if I may: I'm due to survey a site south of Norwich on Monday. can anyone give me an idea of lying snow depths in the local area ?

Thanks

Whereabouts? Main roads are apparently passable with care at the moment (A47, A11), A140 was blocked as are some of the minor A roads as snow is still drifting off the fields. A lot of B roads and lanes are not useable. I would think htat by Monday things should have improved a great deal. Snow depths are anything from 6in to 12in with 4-5ft drifts in places at present. 

Moderate snow here, got to take dog to vets at 4 o'clock, nice little walk with the dog to the vets in the snow, love it.

Fairly heavy here now- and sticking readily. I did not expect this given what i read yesterday!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We couldn't get last evenings precip to work far enough ne over hours and hours - now watch this afternoon scoot through !!

that's not a prediction btw ......

Edited by bluearmy

Just now, bluearmy said:

We couldn't get last evenings precip to work far enough ne over hours and hours - now watch this afternoon scoot through !!

How long do you think it will last?

Just now, Norfolk Sheep said:

Whereabouts? Main roads are apparently passable with care at the moment (A47, A11), A140 was blocked as are some of the minor A roads as snow is still drifting off the fields. A lot of B roads and lanes are not useable. I would think htat by Monday things should have improved a great deal. Snow depths are anything from 6in to 12in with 4-5ft drifts in places at present. 

Thanks - not so much the roads but accumulations in the fields around Kirby Bedon

2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

interestingly my childminder has just said it’s drizzling back at home in Brentwood, anyone else over that way confirm?

I live up the road from you, Jo! :)

I live around Mornington Crescent.

It's a small world after all and all that :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

I'm a bit north obviously but it's heavy sleet/freezing rain at the mo (can't tell the diff!).

Posted (edited)

I have a nasty feeling that the ppn will wear itself out south of Cambridge and give somewhere a good 2 or 3 inches before the evening is done. Would typify the spell if so. (Yes, I'm experimenting with reverse psychology here). 

Edited by ITSY

53 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

So far emma has been nothing but a wind bag for us:cray:

Snow has a good memory. You were more interested in spending hours cleaning your bucket than paying attention to it:nea:

Back to light snow here. Looking very good for those north of the M25!

5 minutes ago, Team Jo said:

Had freezing rain quickly turned to snow. 

I give you Kilkenny Ireland records are being smashed. And still coming down endless.

sallins 2.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Number 23 said:

I'm a bit north obviously but it's heavy sleet/freezing rain at the mo (can't tell the diff!).

Snow in Dagenham.

Moderate / heavy snow at times for the last half hour, back to light snow at the moment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

For sure Blue, looks that way. 

Of course if this were a band of RAIN it would be like pulling teeth to move through.