Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

6 minutes ago, bluebell said:

Is that stuff in the channel making any progress towards us?! 

No, it' just moving along the channel. I can see the cloud over the sea if I stick my head out the window, but can see the stars directly above! 

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TommyB said:

No, it' just moving along the channel. I can see the cloud over the sea if I stick my head out the window, but can see the stars directly above! 

Friggin nora frustrating or what! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brocken Spectre said:

Estuary showers seems to be dying, like a plug has been pulled?  Is that it for a while??

I think so. Winds on the switch to ENE/E so perhaps a lull until it picks up after midnight. It's not done with yet!

Still snowing here, has moments of really heavy stuff , it’s funny because it’s so powdery it’s blowing in all directions , even back up in the air !! I’m happy this is far more than I expected  , I wonder if we will get a snow day tomorrow lol x

• Like 5

just taken the dog for a quick walk and although only -2.5 with the windchill it feels Baltic.Still a few patches of snow left from this mornings unexpected showers but hoping the slight wind change toa ENE will produce the goods in the early hours.We shall see.

Always great to see pics of snow around the region though.Keep them coming:good: 

• Like 2

Right for starters I’m not being miserable 

or down beat or anything like that before I say this but so far.......

This beast from the east isn’t quite cutting it , for what was progged we should all really be getting absolutely hammered.

Whether your in Dover , sheerness,

brighton and Cornwall and Devon to some extent.

this is what us south easterners look for year upon year 

As I said not moaning at all but I was around in 91 that was not even a close on what we have and I know it’s early on but

something just don’t seem right

showers merging to heavy snow day or night was the form horse

this seems hard work

hope I’m so so very wrong I really do

Edited by snowbob
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Bang on the Money, 2cm widely and 3cm accumulated in favourite areas exposed

Who needs a ruler eh :D

Pleased with that and must admit a little unexpected this early in the eve. Who knows perhaps we can add to that overnight....

1 minute ago, snowbob said:

This beast from the east isn’t quite cutting it , for what was progged we should all really be getting absolutely hammered.

As I said not moaning at all but I was around in 91 that was not even a flurry on what we have and I know it’s early on but

this seems hard work

Completely agree this is turning out to be a non-event for many parts. 

Just now, snowbob said:

As I said not moaning at all but I was around in 91 that was not even a flurry on what we have and I know it’s early on but

this seems hard work

To be honest - and I don't mean to be harsh or pedantic - but if you had watched the forecasts you would not be surprised. Showers were always going to form streamers, narrow bands. So many areas were always going to miss out - it was never wall-to-wall snow. Feb 91 was a different beast, multiple low pressure systems in from the continent. None of that this time (down here anyway).

3 minutes ago, snowbob said:

As I said not moaning at all but I was around in 91 that was not even a close on what we have and I know it’s early on but

this seems hard work

Nothing like writing off a cold spell just 24hrs in. Especially considering any significant snow was not forecast for until after 30 hours!

• Like 8