Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

8 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

We will do just fine dont panic :)

Toast. how ya doing? So you think we will be ok this week for snow? 

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Croydon Borough's priority footpaths have been pre-treated with grit today...............Gritters will be out later tonight to treat A & B Routes

I'm sure I read a post from someone somewhere saying that grit is no use with this sort of snow as it's dry and grit only works on wet snow? Can't remember who or where though sorry. I guess we will find out in the morning :-)

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Lazarus42 said:

Can anyone confirm in my locality (Lyminge, Kent) I've got a new sensor outside currently reading -1C. Is it close?

Yes thats close - The further east into Kent the colder it is -

• Thanks 1

Colder air will be flooding in from now onwards at 850hpa and lapse rates will be increasing, as will the sea track of the showers as they have longer and longer under the cold air aloft.

Just a waiting game now for snow.

I will also be attempting a snow chase tomorrow as I will have time off, think I know roughly where I will aim for (bit of local knowledge helps!)

7 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

@Paul Sherman - do the met office actually decide what weather we get and if so, why can’t  we have a white Xmas and a nice summer ? 

The guy I am speaking with is only really talking about what depths to expect - nothing marginal about it, not my thoughts and obviously from data we are not privvy to mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for the rude screen shot with no comments.. been waiting to join the run for years, got my weather station for Christmas and seems pretty much on the button when compared with others nearby.

so orpington Kent as below a 1.9 drop in the hour, the beauty of low humidity and de points.

20FCFF1D-19D0-4B04-8087-BC91C2046988.png

2 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

will the snow showers reach north west London on Tuesday or Wednesday?

At some point PM tues is the mean of the models ATM 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

The guy I am speaking with is only really talking about what depths to expect - nothing marginal about it, not my thoughts and obviously from data we are not privvy to mate

Just teasing  Paul - the way you posted it was so definitive as if it couldn’t change between now and then