Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

Flagging big time lol,I just want to see 1 flake go past my french doors,then its off to bed,will see what its like in the morning,regarding going to work,self employed,1 man band,taxi driver in rye

7 minutes ago, SN0WM4N said:

I thought the MO was rather bullish, where as the BBC showed nothing but cloud half the time with the odd snow shower!

BBC's graphics is up in the air IMO because I don't know if the cloud is snow or the snow is cloud :nonono:

• Like 3
Just now, yamkin said:

BBC's graphics is up in the air IMO because I don't know if the cloud is snow or the snow is cloud :nonono:

They really are rubbish, aren’t they? Between the graphics and the place names taking over half the map, I couldn’t make head nor tail.

yellow now - gonna need a good hour !

The wash bad now as well as building convection & instabililty

82F75494-EAFC-4186-B5BE-8034C96F10FE.thumb.png.1892bf822e1e11ce1dd8de4738ed0ad7.pngB9647639-385F-40D4-9BEE-A8CFA08B01E4.thumb.png.ea85fd8edd2c373afb9496b0695a0154.png

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

They really are rubbish, aren’t they? Between the graphics and the place names taking over half the map, I couldn’t make head nor tail.

I've just tweeted the following to BBC Weather and their boss MeteoGroup re: 'if the cloud is snow or the snow is cloud

Edited by yamkin
  • Like 1

It is bloody freezing out now. Just popped outside, i could only take it for a few minutes. It's great that we finally don't have to worry about it being too marginal for snow or the snow not making it inland.

Reports now of light snow along several coastal areas of East anglia.

But nothing showing on the Radar.

Interesting

Maybe wrh the very low dps radars wont pick up all the mousture ^ we end up being suprized..