Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

2 minutes ago, shotski said:

What do you mean by the warning bit Nick ??

Well, I think an amber may make the public take more notice of the risks of rain freezing on surfaces, been lots of accidents and travel disruption from it this morning, but, I don't know what criteria it would take for them to upgrade from yellow to amber

• Like 1
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

I still think the sweet spot for today will be in a line through Oxfordshire, Bucks, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and into East Anglia. I think areas around London and to the south will see snow, but not as much.

I hope to be proved wrong!

Edited by CK1981

Afternoon all,

We the time has come to try to escape from Southend and drive round to Gatwick airport for a flight to SW France, it looks like is is going to be a bit more of a challenge than I thought.  Freezing rain in Southend at the moment coating everything with a layer of ice...  wish me luck

Cheers

FC

2 minutes ago, nicktabs said:

Heavy snow now N of Portsmouth.

Upto moderate snow about 25 miles up the A3, looks like this is the start of the band re-energising. The band behind it is weakening but I suspect may re-energise as well as it heads inland before it all lifts out to the north.

Places inSurrey looking well placed for some moderate snowfalls this afternoon.

Will be interesting to see what happens regarding the freezing rain.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Upto moderate snow about 25 miles up the A3, looks like this is the start of the band re-energising. The band behind it is weakening but I suspect may re-energise as well as it heads inland before it all lifts out to the north.

Places inSurrey looking well placed for some moderate snowfalls this afternoon.

Will be interesting to see what happens regarding the freezing rain.

will I get in the heavy stuff in north west London?

We definitely had freezing rain here in Reigate - I walked over to Earlswood Lakes for some sledging - on the way back, the paths were lethal - the lake had also frozen further!

currently, frozen pellets mixed with some snow...

7 minutes ago, frozencanals said:

Afternoon all,

We the time has come to try to escape from Southend and drive round to Gatwick airport for a flight to SW France, it looks like is is going to be a bit more of a challenge than I thought.  Freezing rain in Southend at the moment coating everything with a layer of ice...  wish me luck

Cheers

FC

My sister has just driven from Colchester to horsham without incident so you should be ok!

• Thanks 1

Still yet more freezing rain in Deal. Just took my dog to the park up the road as she was desperate to get out, once she was relieved she started scrabbling and sliding all the way back home! Idiot. Hoping to see some more snow-like PPN soon, as fascinating as this is, it's also treacherous and mildly terrifying trying to get anywhere at all.

• Like 1