Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

A band in the channel near the coast is building but will it give us much snow? One or 2 bands hardly did y'day. It is NOT the main band that is expected later this afternoon.

very granular snow / rain coming down in Hastings. Absolutely freezing and feels far colder than the -7 wind chill my Vantage Pro is telling me.

The latest HIRLAM show the band today largely bunny hopping over us in the SE'ern corner. They've done pretty well on most of this so I would expect very little this afternoon for most of us.

Just now, wellington boot said:

The latest HIRLAM show the band today largely bunny hopping over us in the SE'ern corner. They've done pretty well on most of this so I would expect very little this afternoon for most of us.

West Sussex more likely to catch any decent fall, but let's see. 

Just listening to the radio - the biggest UK snow depth recorded yesterday was 51cm in St Athan (happy St David's Day).

Aimee Fuller has just arrived back from Pyeongchang and took to the streets of London to do some impromptu slopestyle with the aid of some TRX gym bands to toe her in. Exciting times!

Temps seem to be dropping here, fingers X'ed the main band of precip is snow later  :)

Screen shot 2018-03-02 at 11.16.08.png

3 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

Not sure what you're looking at but the latest (6Z) shows quite the opposite and is currently spot on. Heavier stuff incoming now to cover the SE in the next hour or so and then ongoing until after 6pm.

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.31.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.42.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.54.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.01.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.10.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.17.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.25.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.34.png

Not seen conditions this bad with ice everywhere southeastern advise do not travel across east kent at the moment.

4 minutes ago, ajkwilson said:

Bit confused by posts above. Is it building up nicely for us or missing the SE?

Looking better for mid-west sussex if it starts to move nW or NNW.  Or will expand eastwards...??

Just been out with kids , still bitter cold wind but light sleet / rain falling , hoping for snow later but not convinced.

Just now, Come rain snow or shine said:

Looking better for mid-west sussex if it starts to move nW or NNW.  Or will expand eastwards...??

Going by trend it likes to expand eastwards ! i hope :)

Drizzle has now turned to snow grains and intensifying. Everything seems to be going white again.

Temp -1.7C

DP -6C

With a band also developing over and off the coast of NE France, east sussex, kent etc might get some snow from that band alone.  Maybe all the bands will develop into one.

Edited by Come rain snow or shine

Certainly looking like that stuff coming out of France is on course for us

1 minute ago, Surrey said:

Certainly looking like that stuff coming out of France is on course for us

Or will it fizzle out at the coast?

Roads aren’t too bad in Epsom. Had a bit of freezing rain upon my return to car. Still ever so bitter in that wind.

very light freezing rain here, and everything outside is lethal to even try and walk on. temp though is on the way down now having got above freezing for the first time in 3 days.

Thankfully that freezing rain doesn’t seem to be further up here in NW Kent - still just drizzly

Moderate light snow here in Hastings. Another heavier shower showing for in about another 45 mins to hour on radar. 

Agree with Seb  above re HIRLAM- looks like an interesting afternoon coming up