Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Just now, wellington boot said:

The latest HIRLAM show the band today largely bunny hopping over us in the SE'ern corner. They've done pretty well on most of this so I would expect very little this afternoon for most of us.

West Sussex more likely to catch any decent fall, but let's see. 

Just listening to the radio - the biggest UK snow depth recorded yesterday was 51cm in St Athan (happy St David's Day).

Aimee Fuller has just arrived back from Pyeongchang and took to the streets of London to do some impromptu slopestyle with the aid of some TRX gym bands to toe her in. Exciting times!

Temps seem to be dropping here, fingers X'ed the main band of precip is snow later  :)

Screen shot 2018-03-02 at 11.16.08.png

3 minutes ago, wellington boot said:

The latest HIRLAM show the band today largely bunny hopping over us in the SE'ern corner. They've done pretty well on most of this so I would expect very little this afternoon for most of us.

Not sure what you're looking at but the latest (6Z) shows quite the opposite and is currently spot on. Heavier stuff incoming now to cover the SE in the next hour or so and then ongoing until after 6pm.

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.31.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.42.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.19.54.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.01.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.10.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.17.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.25.png

Screenshot 2018-03-02 11.20.34.png

very light freezing rain here, and everything outside is lethal to even try and walk on. temp though is on the way down now having got above freezing for the first time in 3 days.