Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Yes we now have freezing rain falling in Tonbridge, must be a patch of warmer uppers.

Yes warren, upper air temps, have increased quite considerably, ivernight.

gfs-1-6.png?0?0

Regards,

Tom.

Yes also , confirm freezing rain in Canterbury , despite the car being warmed through , as I drove it glazed the windscreen or side windows depending on where I turned the heaters onto. Paths are turning into multi crusted ice rinks.. Not nice.

Oh no please don’t tell me we are going to encounter freezing rain in Surrey? I don’t fancy breaking a bone anytime too soon! Have you seen some of the photos in the SW thread? It looks lethal.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, warrenb said:

Yes we now have freezing rain falling in Tonbridge, must be a patch of warmer uppers.

We did have a couple of flakes earlier but it's drizzle again now freezing on impact 

DSC_0190.JPG

DSC_0189.JPG

• Like 3
26 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Would welcome members views about more snow and prospects of it melting, today/tomorrow?

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

Hi Tom, 

i would say that there is ‘some’ snow forecast this afternoon, maybe an inch or two after the upper air temp comes down a bit but it’s likely to stay below freezing nearly all day so limited thawing (potential for freezing rain). Tomorrow looks like a thaw will set in though.

• Like 2

Mornings big good peeps I know there are reports of freezing big rain by some of the posts. According to the forcast I heard yesterday we are meant to be having snow from 2pm till midnight can anyone kindly shed some light on this. Is this still on for today or is this it.

i was really much hoping to enjoy the final goodbye today please tell me this snow is still coming today 

kind regards ?

2 minutes ago, Kent Blizzard said:

Did you drive? What was the roads like?

Main roads fine. It's side roads that were dodgy but drive sensibly and it's manageable. Not as icy as yesterday.

4 minutes ago, E17boy said:

Mornings big good peeps I know there are reports of freezing big rain by some of the posts. According to the forcast I heard yesterday we are meant to be having snow from 2pm till midnight can anyone kindly shed some light on this. Is this still on for today or is this it.

i was really much hoping to enjoy the final goodbye today please tell me this snow is still coming today 

kind regards ?

Uppers & dew points have risen considerably overnight.

So, we are more likely to see freezing rain/drizzle or sleet from now!

Much less cold from tomorrow.

Edited by snowblizzard
Just now, Lauren said:

Main roads fine. It's side roads that were dodgy but drive sensibly and it's manageable. Not as icy as yesterday.

Thanks, I've gotta head your way but might leave it a bit, fine balance between going now or waiting and potentially getting caught in the snow traffic!

Just got hail/sleet/snow. 

The snow o meter for today...

giphy.gif

Hoping for a dump of freezing rain.....the next best thing..

Edited by tomp456
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
24 minutes ago, CK1981 said:

I’m not very optimistic about any significant snow in our region today.

Most models show heavier snow developing to our north, with things remaining patchy here, so unless the wind drops, it’ll just keep blowing around.

There are then indications of slightly milder air moving north, which ties in with the latest Met Office thoughts of a thaw setting in by dawn tomorrow.

This cold snap was crap for me to start, but we ended up with a surprise snowfall, so I’m happy about that.

On to Spring now ?

Great spell of weather in Odiham (due south of you). 1" Tues, 3" Wed, 3" Thurs and hopefully more today. The main road out of Odiham (south to Alton) was blocked by a 6 foot drift this morning. 3 foot drifts elsewhere. 

• Like 1