Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

23 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

movement on the radar :)

wouldnt make it further north - warm front dive back south !

radar - were on the grid!

8CC73EA2-F6E1-4CBE-AAEF-07FBE2DFAB07.thumb.png.37e4e02417238debc1d3cd680d894687.png

Seems that cold front moving through is getting things going

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Some photos from the last couple of days. Near Bewl Water in East Sussex.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sussex Snowman said:

The flow looks WSW to me on the meto radar, but being in Sussex I’m very happy to be wrong about this?

Not if you watch the shower near Southwold it isnt but hey ho splitting hairs really

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

Not if you watch the shower near Southwold it isnt but hey ho splitting hairs really

lets see where that shower east of Burnham ends up, would wager it heads SW through Isle of Sheppey

7DD43972-AAE5-433E-97BD-175607E37415.jpeg.f59efc5a88485fe73c078a41cf5fd2f7.jpeg

5a92b27a4177b_ScreenShot2018-02-25at12_56_10.thumb.png.ffcbccb1ad1b67af0d2811c1b6cecb99.png

Imo, these two charts, could well be very representative, of snowfall distribution, over the next day or so.

A fraction too much north in the flow, for a pure Thames Streamer, for my liking, and the heavier snow showers, likely to be found, in the south east, of that band, due to longer track, over southern N.Sea. Good luck to everyone, would love to wake up to a little covering, in the morning.

Must be off to bed now, it's been a very long day!!

Regards,

Tom. :hi:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

lets see where that shower east of Burnham ends up, would wager it heads SW through Isle of Sheppey

seems like the easterly is starting to kick in . . . i reckon that will pass over us ;-)

3 minutes ago, Speedbird said:

the old thread has been split into 2 - some of us in no-mans land are chatting in both message boards

I was in the other then realised I'm ment to be here  ?

Nothing to report here in Surrey, but wasn’t expecting anything until tomorrow night tbh. 

Never thought I’d see my self stalking a radar, on a Sunday evening with my Hot Chocolate, but here I am ?

• Like 2