Jump to content

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Quick depth check ~2 new CM

22CA7342-C904-4692-AC91-CFA13E255277.thumb.jpeg.53c9470768d325fb286715505d015e1c.jpeg

Fancied a drive up to west kingsdown but this just popped up on my feed

2CF1F5F3-5584-4133-8329-6E0E0ACB1027.thumb.png.a453884176dea18733b190495020edfd.png

Major drifting up death hill !

Haha! Grew up in Vigo - was 7 in 1987 - probably why I’m radar watching now ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks as if the cold has won this particular skirmish over Crystal Palace - we did get up to the dizzy heights of -0.8 at about 7 pm but are now back down to -1.2 and the snow, albeit fairly light, is intensifying and settling again on the (gritted) road outside.

The temperature has been continuously sub-zero for 72 hours, the first time this has happened since 2010/11 I would imagine, and quite remarkable for so late in the season. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly, during this whole cold spell, despite every surrounding county getting at least a decent covering, i haven't as yet had enough snow to build a snowman. even as i sit here under an amber warning, it still doesn't look like i will. :sorry:

  • Like 4
  • Sad 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, snowbob said:

Settling ok here now everything white again

but very thin coating

Do you not have an existing snow cover where you are snowbob?  Usually Biggin Hill does very well for snow.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Although very light snow at present I fear it won't amount to much. Does seem to fizzle out as it hits the coast. Who knows overnight it may surprise me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, snowray said:

Do you not have an existing snow cover where you are snowbob?  Usually Biggin Hill does very well for snow.

I am on Jnc 5 of the M25 just north of Sevenoaks, we have had moderate snow for the past hour, so I suspect Biggin is getting it too..  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Plenty of snow to come our way from the south then ...

C7F077B5-0BE2-4776-9225-376CA9454D6E.thumb.png.a507f685fcb5d3b4e7ef764efa97c224.png

temperatures highest they’ve been all day now

35A8D8A3-F63D-4FB5-BF62-9FB2FBE32F85.thumb.png.3a289ba7b002e1f664545adfcee92d57.png

but don’t worry, dew points still well below freezing

DA870D25-E7D1-4E76-89E8-9CCBAFA3CC64.thumb.png.00e8d8a7c59d2d74f37bb502b5cb4ae8.png

certainly a turn up for the books tonight, with various models not getting the eastern extent of the snow moving north again.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth noting plenty of reports of freezing rain now in coastal areas of the SW, I suspect only a matter of time before they spread to coastal places in Hampshire and W.Sussex as well, so keep a close eye on it. DO NOT travel if it starts to freezing rain, it is so dangerous!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jojobut said:

Yes I am pretty sure there was a Red one then too 

There was a Red Warning on  Saturday the 18th of December 2010 for all of London remember it like yesterday only Red alert I have seen until the last 2 days see this article

 

 http://www.bucksfreepress.co.uk/news/8746829.Snow_update__red_alert_issued_by_Met_Office/

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

I am on Jnc 5 of the M25 just north of Sevenoaks, we have had moderate snow for the past hour, so I suspect Biggin is getting it too..  

Star Hill or Chevening? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nick F said:

Plenty of snow to come our way from the south then ...

C7F077B5-0BE2-4776-9225-376CA9454D6E.thumb.png.a507f685fcb5d3b4e7ef764efa97c224.png

temperatures highest they’ve been all day now

35A8D8A3-F63D-4FB5-BF62-9FB2FBE32F85.thumb.png.3a289ba7b002e1f664545adfcee92d57.png

but don’t worry, dew points still well below freezing

DA870D25-E7D1-4E76-89E8-9CCBAFA3CC64.thumb.png.00e8d8a7c59d2d74f37bb502b5cb4ae8.png

certainly a turn up for the books tonight, with various models not getting the eastern extent of the snow moving north again.

 

not making it into west sussex though nick, as has been the case pretty much all week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Well this snow loving, Arsenal fan has had better days...

Oh no, not you too. I think Hayley should get herself home quickly, have a hot chocolate and thaw out. Then dive under the duvet and when she wakes up in the morning, it might just seem, like a bad dream!!

Regards,

Tom.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bobbydog said:

not making it into west sussex though nick, as has been the case pretty much all week.

I’m sure it will soon

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

STill snowing here , it’s made a big difference in my north facing back garden , but it is wet and not making any impact on main road south facing , has laid on cars though .Im happy though been a good spell of weather ?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...