Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Well that was a scary drive home, crash ahead caused everything on the A3 to stop and with no cars moving snow quickly build up. Managed 20mph all the way home but made it just. Enough 'fun' for one day. That amber warning came a little bit late for many stuck out there.

Heavy snow now in Petersfield (west of most of you).

Edited by nicktabs
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Marie said:

Ok just got heavier , not massive amounts but heavier Brighton 

strange it's just pathetic snizzle here in Hove, microscopicly small flakes probably the size of sugar grains, I think our best chance of seeing some snow all be it temporary before it turns to rain is late tomorrow morning/ mid day 

Just popped my head outside and it's definitely getting heavier! Still not huge flakes but more of it! 

Edited by paget
Just now, EML Network said:

strange it's just pathetic snizzle here in Hove, microscopicly small flakes probably the size of sugar grains, I think our best chance of seeing some snow all be it temporary before it turns to rain is late tomorrow morning/ mid day 

It’s small grains of snow but it’s coming down pretty fast , I parked my car at 6.15 outside and has a small layer of snow on it now .Dont get me wrong it’s not huge amounts but it’s the most we have seen today ?

• Like 3

I'm very close to the seafront in Brighton.  Not seen a flake in the last hour. The wind however is strengthening.

Radar seems to show no northwards movement to the precipitation to the south of Brighton in the last half hour.

1 minute ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

I'm very close to the seafront in Brighton.  Not seen a flake in the last hour. The wind however is strengthening.

Radar seems to show no northwards movement to the precipitation to the south of Brighton in the last half hour.

Think our luck is out, never really impacted Brighton this time round....

12 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

A definite shift that it is losing intensity and moving North  Westwards.Still going J5 Westwards of M25 getting a covering,those to the East will miss out.Maybe tomorrow morning will be another chance  for Southern England but lets get tonight out the way first.

I live 5 mins walk from junction 5 on M25,  and we currently have snizzle. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Marie said:

It’s small grains of snow but it’s coming down pretty fast , I parked my car at 6.15 outside and has a small layer of snow on it now .Dont get me wrong it’s not huge amounts but it’s the most we have seen today ?

The most today? Really?. We had a short period of moderate snow in this part of Brighton, giving an additional covering at about 7 this morning

Just spoke to my husband who is away for work in Portsmouth and he says it's just started snowing heavily there. I'm watching the radar for the time being and seeing it track slightly away from where I am. 

2 minutes ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

it's sooo frustrating there's a big hole in the PPN right over us and it seems to have been here all day with PPN brushing past us to the West, were right on the periphery and have been for most of the day

It was always a 100/1 shot for AFK this far east! Radar looked promising for a brief while however I think I shall now retire back to the rest of my life!

Have fun in the snow everyone... make some memories... for a lot of people in the West today, 10 years in the future they'll be talking about a setup looking similar to 1st March 2018! 

• Like 2