Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, samalllpop said:

Snowing steadily here in surrey been snowing wing since I got back have got about 2cms in the ground! Didn’t expect this! 

Unfortunately it hasn't made it as far Holmbury St Mary.....?? For it to though

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, samalllpop said:

Snowing steadily here in surrey been snowing wing since I got back have got about 2cms in the ground! Didn’t expect this! 

Yep it’s much better now my 1cm has doubled to 2cm !!

• Haha 1

No snow today , lots blowing off the roofs in the strong winds , bitterly cold , it’s now -3.7 and didn’t get above -2 during the day .Im awaiting what tomorrow might bring , schools have already texted saying be prepared for closures tomorrow !! It was my day off work today and have been feeling poorly , typical !! I have work tomorrow and if it’s bad looks like I’m walking again ? .Good luck everyone 

• Like 2

Sounds like a few of us in Surrey are doing well now ☺

I was just driving across Epsom downs when the snow came down really heavily. Now back home to launch some snowballs in returnfor the one I got in the face, courtesy of the kid.  

It's really icy out there, so have just been and raided the yellow salt bin at the end of the road and done the 100m or so that don't get council grittedup up our cul-de-sac, including path. Working already. 

Also, noticed that the blizzard we are currently having in Lee, SE12, is a streamer coming right out of the tip of the estuary.

That can keep coming if it wants! 

• Like 2
Just now, weathergeek said:

Is this a Thames Streamer I'm sat under in Epsom?! And how long do we think it'll last?!

Well the met office says showers dying away this evening but they seem to be increasing!

Snowing steadily now in Bexleyheath.

Also some sad news associated with this weather.  A man has reportedly died trying to rescue his dog that fell through the ice in the lake at Danson Park in Bexleyheath ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Well things are looking good now;

• unexpected streamers today still on going
  • the MET Office just moved the Amber warning slightly East for tomorrow. interestingly  its in the highest impact in the matrix, so once they know for sure its going to hit, in theory should be red warnings.
  • Plus if the latest ECM run is to be believed cold is here until Thursday now if with snow opportunities everyday. But that obviously subject to change when we don't even know for sure what is happening tomorrow. 

• Like 3
Just now, weathergeek said:

I know! But is that the nature of a Streamer, it feeds itself kind of?! Obviously I'm still learning all this (despite 7yrs on this forum, Lol!)

yes, by the warmer air off the estuary... (someone else will be along in a minute to correct me)

• Thanks 1