Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Wind really picked up for a minute here. Blowing snow off roofs, never seen anything like it. 

Took me a second to realise it is actually snowing again here as well. 😄

This streamer couldn't have come at a better time of the day, tops up last nights snow and stops the sun getting through and melting what we got laying.:D

Nice upgrade on public forecast as well, in line with info from my mate as per post above.

2018-02-28 14.57.26.png

2018-02-28 14.57.35.png

3 minutes ago, Sarah Anne said:

Oh i thought it was but wind blowing so much wasnt sure. More coming ?

If the wind stays NE then yes, quite a few showers out there. Wasn't really meant to happen so radar watching... last there updates have the showers move SW. If that stays this way we should see some heavier ones in about an hour or so.

• Like 1

Mid-Kent Streamer activated! Now we just need these shower cells to get a bit heavier!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, seb said:

Nice upgrade on public forecast as well, in line with info from my mate as per post above.

2018-02-28 14.57.26.png

2018-02-28 14.57.35.png

i expect any sleet will be on the south coast only, but even there snow could fall. 

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

Mid-Kent Streamer activated! Now we just need these shower cells to get a bit heavier!

I can literally see that, very dark looking out in the Thames ( sort of Gillingham ) area

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The radar seems to be over doing the intensity of those showers. I should be under a pretty hefty shower right now. The clouds look menacing, but theres nothing more than a flurry. 

So pleased I had to come up to town on the train from the Surrey snow desert for a meeting this lunchtime. Really got going by Vauxhall and nice to see decent snow on the ground in the City. 

IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

• Like 6

Strong wind blowing the snow off surfaces with occasional light snow showers..

Man it's very bitter outside:cold-emoji:

Light snow here in Tunbridge Wells, though looking at the radar I don't think it will be much. 

Metoffice saying snow in London and the South East tomorrow potentially all day.

They are saying snow in west Sussex from 8am to 7pm

Could hopefully being some nice totals.

Wow the wind is blowing a hooley out there all if a sudden! (farnham, Surrey) 

Unfortunately I don't know if that's good or bad news!

Still curry and proper chips for dinner! 😍

• Like 1

Been walking around in Covent Garden and central London. Impressive snowfall totals, even if it's been turned to black slush on the main routes. Seems to be as much as 4 inches, and if you get off those main roads, there are white streets and a thick layer still covering all surfaces.

Interested and not overly surprised to see these streamers setting up - anywhere that gets caught for a couple of hours can still do well even given current intensity.

Snow showers has intensified now

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

heavy snow eltham :)

just started in Sidcup too

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

heavy snow eltham :)

Hi Steve,

Snowing lightly in Lee, SE12.

Regards,

Tom. 

12 minutes ago, surrey snowboy said:

So pleased I had to come up to town on the train from the Surrey snow desert for a meeting this lunchtime. Really got going by Vauxhall and nice to see decent snow on the ground in the City. 

IMG_5001.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

How have the trains been this afternoon - heading in to town from Weybridge tomorrow early morning?

Some showers now just north of Sherness being fed into Medway Estuary. Let's see it anything falls from the sky this time. 

4 minutes ago, madmunch said:

what radar does everyone use?

Netweather's very own. It's very good.Especially if you get the paid version. Which doesn't even cost a lot ;) 

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Please note I am not paid to promote NW's products or services. There ARE other's available. 

:p