Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Officially signing off from my Perch by the window. Have a great year -  Enjoy it with your Families- Current pic - 4.5 inches    my favourite pic - Cheers All

So this is it, the end of winter. Time to look forward to Spring..... Wait, what's this?        Apparently not. So for the time being, we will remain as one for this cold spell. Ple

Just popped in to wish my southeast friends lots of snow, the radar looks very active so you should do well and that includes the coming days!..you deserve this

Posted Images

Just now, Snowpuff said:

The pressure and temp is still due to drop considerably( thus increasing convection) plus a change of wind direction, all to play for, those not seeing much right now! 

The drop in surface temps will not encourage convection our only hope is the convergence line 

16 minutes ago, Great Plum said:

Horley had better not get it! ?

indeed, I was quite impressed how much snow came from that afternoon shower. Just picked up the mini damson from beavers and the car said it was -5 - the pavements were lethal! Maybe you will need those crampons Martyn!

I’m lurking GP.

2-0..? ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, lewis028 said:

Is it me or does it look like the wind direction is changing on the last couple of frames? More to ENE? 

Yep. Hoping we get a blob merge of the one over Burnham and the dad to its East!

Edited by Southender
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Snowy Bob said:

More light snow falling now. Wanting some heavier stuff.

Those showers are feeding  down into Greatstone, back up to about an inch now, as you say nothing spectacularly heavy this evening but it just keeps coming :)

IMG_0001.JPG

• Like 1

Pretty much every model except the GFS based models are bringing an area of snow north of Thursday morning. Most aren't too intense but could give a couple of cms, probably more likely to the west and south of London though.

Still a fairly big risk of freezing rain for the western parts of this region as well...Kent gets copious amounts of snow, and I'll probably get  some snow and freezing rain ;) over here in the edge of the area!

Good luck to you guys in Kent, could be a good dumping again here tonight!

Edited by kold weather2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1