Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Recommended Posts

i must be a snow nut,, set alarm for 4oc and woke up just now.Wow most heaviest persistent snow so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing in Croydon bar the odd flake. Thicker cloud but still quite broken. Ah well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just woke up and wow! I can see how heavy it is without any street lights. Chucking it down here in Maidstone. We seem to be in right place position for the showers. I apologise to everyone who hasn't got any. Must have an inch at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flow is too North Easterly here - is this going to become more Easterly soon?

I wanted the Beast from the East, not his NE cousin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm considered a northerner with the new threads but oop norf it's dry and clear, not a flake to be seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Whiteman said:

Just woke up and wow! I can see how heavy it is without any street lights. Chucking it down here in Maidstone. We seem to be in right place position for the showers. I apologise to everyone who hasn't got any. Must have an inch at least. 

Southend on the North side of the estuary and Maidstone on the South  seem to be in the sweet spots at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's done of the heaviest snow l think I've ever seen falling! Maidstone well be a mess tomorrow well today! Wish l could take a photo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get any snow from that low on Thursday/ Friday it won't be as heavy as this!  It's mad! I feel guilty I'm hogging it all. Must be 2-3" at least. And very little wind. M20 will be a mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in the South-East. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over the London this morning.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, essexweather said:

Have just come off the phone with the chief in Exeter and new warnings will be issued within the hour regarding Thursday/Friday. It is not good news if you're looking for a major snow event here in the South-East. They are going with a SW event mainly and indications are it won't get this far East now.

Short-term. The change of wind direction (NE to ENE or E) will now occur early afternoon which sadly is when the showers will start to loose their kick. However, there will be widespread shower activity over the London this morning.

Cheif was happy with current warnings in place for London, South-East and East Anglia so no change expected here.

Thats odd considering Met Offfice app has updated to heavy snow Thursday and Friday

 

00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00
               
Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow

 between Friday 00:05 and Friday 18:00See warning detail >
               
Overcast Overcast Cloudy Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow
20% 20% 20% 60% 70% 80% 60% 50%
0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 0 °
00:00 03:00 06:00 09:00 12:00 15:00 18:00 21:00
               
Yellow warning 

Yellow warning — Snow

 between Friday 00:05 and Friday 18:00See warning detail >
               
Overcast Overcast Cloudy Light snow Heavy snow Heavy snow Light snow Light snow
20% 20% 20% 60% 70% 80% 60% 50%
0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 0 ° 1 ° 1 ° 0 °

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t trust the apps in these circumstances 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked outside. A nice sprinkling but I can still see grass! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SxK said:

Don’t trust the apps in these circumstances 

that was website also

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive snow blob heading my way! 

:DScreenshot_2018-02-27-04-21-35.thumb.png.b9618a2b3c21863ef3773f06f05d7f82.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cookie27 said:

that was website also

There will still be a band of snow pushing North through our area but noting to the extent of previous output. You're talking 2-5CM if that instead now.

If you've not seen the new 00Z UKMO and GFS, the low is further away than before. We do keep a colder flow with negative 850s but still too mild for my liking and temperatures back to 5C.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, yamkin said:

Light snow here

I wss hoping for more then what we've had so far in South London, guess it's not going to be our time this time. Even a cm would have been nice, just dustings that have quickly melted so far

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, essexweather said:

There will still be a band of snow pushing North through our area but noting to the extent of previous output. You're talking 2-5CM if that instead now.

If you've not seen the new 00Z UKMO and GFS, the low is further away than before. We do keep a colder flow with negative 850s but still too mild for my liking and temperatures back to 5C.

Well they have swap and change about 20times in the past 24hrs,,so still plenty of time for it all to change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...