Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

8 minutes ago, TheToastPeople said:

We will do just fine dont panic :)

Toast. how ya doing? So you think we will be ok this week for snow? 

Temp dropping like a stone now , was 5.3 30 mins ago now 3.1 , dewpoint -5.7 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, snowwonder said:

looks good does it have dew points?

Unfortunately not however other models did have. 

Temp  1.9C.........Dropping fast  :cold::cold:

Dew Point  -7C

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yamkin said:

Croydon Borough's priority footpaths have been pre-treated with grit today...............Gritters will be out later tonight to treat A & B Routes

I'm sure I read a post from someone somewhere saying that grit is no use with this sort of snow as it's dry and grit only works on wet snow? Can't remember who or where though sorry. I guess we will find out in the morning :-)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lazarus42 said:

Can anyone confirm in my locality (Lyminge, Kent) I've got a new sensor outside currently reading -1C. Is it close?

Yes thats close - The further east into Kent the colder it is -

• Thanks 1

Colder air will be flooding in from now onwards at 850hpa and lapse rates will be increasing, as will the sea track of the showers as they have longer and longer under the cold air aloft.

Just a waiting game now for snow.

I will also be attempting a snow chase tomorrow as I will have time off, think I know roughly where I will aim for (bit of local knowledge helps!)

7 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

@Paul Sherman - do the met office actually decide what weather we get and if so, why can’t  we have a white Xmas and a nice summer ? 

The guy I am speaking with is only really talking about what depths to expect - nothing marginal about it, not my thoughts and obviously from data we are not privvy to mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

whoever asked -

The Front on the UKMO would pass through as snow then turn to sleet on the back edge stalling over london ish ( midlands snow ) then push back SE

will the snow showers reach north west London on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Friggin desperate for some kind of disruptive snow Tuesday morning as I have a dental appointment at 840, would be tragic pity not be able to make it..! 😬🤭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Yes thats close - The further east into Kent the colder it is -

I'm in Dover not too far away from you and I'm at +1 at the moment but dropping quickly 

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the rude screen shot with no comments.. been waiting to join the run for years, got my weather station for Christmas and seems pretty much on the button when compared with others nearby.

so orpington Kent as below a 1.9 drop in the hour, the beauty of low humidity and de points.

20FCFF1D-19D0-4B04-8087-BC91C2046988.png

2 minutes ago, IPredictASnowStorm said:

will the snow showers reach north west London on Tuesday or Wednesday?

At some point PM tues is the mean of the models ATM 

• Like 1

No gritters around here, but that’s a good sign. Every time they don’t grit the roads, we end up with a good dumping of snow 😂

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

The guy I am speaking with is only really talking about what depths to expect - nothing marginal about it, not my thoughts and obviously from data we are not privvy to mate

Just teasing  Paul - the way you posted it was so definitive as if it couldn’t change between now and then 

Just now, CI Weather said:

First shower off of the Norfolk coast 😂

D3B6F3C8-9D10-45A4-AFD2-94E6F6D6A9C1.jpeg

is that me? ooh ooh excitement :cold:

• Like 2

A sign of things to come Baltic Sea snow machine, we have a even better North Sea. Excited.

• Like 3