Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

saw this vid from London, really cool!

Shows the snow sweeping in the other day

ax101Gb_460sv.mp4

Edited by leemondo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

A lot more heavy precipitation forming of the coast of France which is coming in the direction of South East

Steady snow and high wind gusts in Chatham. 

Im losing the will here,that heavy stuff just does not want to play,its so close

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leemondo said:

ax101Gb_460sv.mp4

Very cool! 

2 minutes ago, leemondo said:

ax101Gb_460sv.mp4

Someone should tell those motorists on the bridge to slow down. Looks like a winter scalextrick session

8 hours ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Do you think it'll make it this far East of the region that soon? It looks to me that it's following what the HIRLAM has proposed which means if it follows it's current track it won't be over to us till the evening, and even then how far East it makes is still debatable.

Sorry for the late response..........Snowing in Croydon right now. Quite heavy and settling

2 minutes ago, snowrye said:

Im losing the will here,that heavy stuff just does not want to play,its so close

Ever get the feeling it’s just not your night and it won’t come any closer? Fully expecting it to fizzle out over the Channel, but would love to be wrong! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Snow doesn' seem to be amounting is it going to carry on all night? Just wondering as there is  Amber weather warning 

5 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Looks like snow event tomorrow is "still all to play for" for us tomorrow according to Ben Rich on BBC 24?:wallbash:

I would just like one more snow event and then Spring can come although somehow i think Spring will be delayed this year according to most models.

Still time for Gooners to stage a comeback Tom!!You never know in football.

You're havin' a giraffe, mate!! I'm not really a Cockney, I was born and raised in Bromley, old chap!! :D

Regards,

Tom.

Light snow for a few hours here in Reigate.  A tiny top-up to the small amount of settled snow.  Nothing notable, notwithstanding we are right on the amber/yellow warning border.  Is it possible, just for once, that the snow may not be as heavy or extensive as some have predicted?

• Like 1

Quick depth check ~2 new CM

22CA7342-C904-4692-AC91-CFA13E255277.thumb.jpeg.53c9470768d325fb286715505d015e1c.jpeg

Fancied a drive up to west kingsdown but this just popped up on my feed

2CF1F5F3-5584-4133-8329-6E0E0ACB1027.thumb.png.a453884176dea18733b190495020edfd.png

Major drifting up death hill !

• Like 5

Very light snow on sheppey the wind is so strong and bitter a lot of driffing here today some roads had to be closed till the farmers came out and cleared them   anyone know if we will be getting  anymore snow tomorrow :cold:

Clear skies here in Sussex when’s this stuff in the channel moveing ashore

• Like 1

And ive just found out that im in the amber warning till 8am tomoz

• Like 1

Had a lot of very fine snow here today, a!most nothing to show for it though. Only landed in areas the wind couldn't blow it away.

Snowing north of the river in Basildon :). Probably a 3 out of 10. 

3 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Quick depth check ~2 new CM

22CA7342-C904-4692-AC91-CFA13E255277.thumb.jpeg.53c9470768d325fb286715505d015e1c.jpeg

Fancied a drive up to west kingsdown but this just popped up on my feed

2CF1F5F3-5584-4133-8329-6E0E0ACB1027.thumb.png.a453884176dea18733b190495020edfd.png

Major drifting up death hill !

Wow looks a bit hairy up there.My mate lives in WK and like you with the elevation he has about 15cms of snow,probably 17cms now lol.Stay safe and stay indoors!!

1 minute ago, Tom Jarvis said:

Clear skies here in Sussex when’s this stuff in the channel moveing ashore

2 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Major Precipitation still stuck of the coast of Brighton. :(

Indeed it seems to be decaying around its bizzare! At the moment it's just wet flake wafting around

Despite the surprising lack of interest in the so far excellent HIRLAM output, I am watching and I can tell you, after the current 3 hour period when the whole SE looks like getting a modest fall of a few cms, that it fades in the 12-3am slot and then drizzles/snizzles till tomorrow's 'event' tomorrow afternoon, which looks even more modest. Mostly pale greens and blues.

• Like 1

Getting another little dusting here in sevenoaks but you would actually think it was raining if you looked at a lamppost, not sure how long it's been going on for as haven't looked for ages