Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Snow picking up now 5/10

368EF270-8C88-4CFA-844C-80CC948F10FD.thumb.jpeg.148df58294121524b799a2e4764b9f4e.jpeg

Oh, yeah, it is pepping up a bit towards SE London.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

Where in Brighton are you? Still dry here

Mile oak portslade 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SussexmarkyMark said:

Where in Brighton are you? Still dry here

Nothing here, but Peacehaven slightly further East....

1 minute ago, Marie said:

Mile oak portslade 

Ah. You're about 4 miles west of me. That probably accounts for it

• Like 2

I swear if I hear my rain alarm go off one more time and look out the window and it’s still nothing but sizzle for last 2 hours I am going to actually cry 😪 in Burgess Hill  lol

We are getting a covering here and continuous snow.. and the wind is really picking up. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

a very light snizzle in the air but that is it for tonight for this part of NW Kent.Temp at -0.9 so a 2nd consecutive ice day although temp has risen steadily from -3.5 at midday and is at its warmest figure now!!

Have just looked at latest HIRLAM radar and they have the snow band pushing back North westwards now although they do show snow coming in from 1pm-9pm tomorrow which could give surrey, sussex,kent,essex and London a few cms.They have been the best model for the Eastward track of snow from last night and although from an imby position have missed out, those in Surrey and Hampshire have hopefully got some snowfall tonight.

Edited by Hotspur61
  • Like 2

Another frustrating radar watching episode in progress

• Like 1

Odd that you guys aren't getting any snow, I wonder if anyone in Eastbourne is.. as we are bang in the middle of Brighton and Eastbourne 

• Like 1

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 3

Snowing here and settling :yahoo:

• Like 5

Ahh looking at the radar we are nearer to the heavier ppn as it pivots, that is probably why you guys west of us haven't received anything yet 

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TomSE12 said:

Oh dear, Arsenal 0 - 2  Man.City. Think my daughter will be having, a stiff whisky or a tot of rum, at half-time !!:oops:

Regards,

Tom.

I've just been outside to the bins and I think I'd want more than that to take away the pain of losing and the cold!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom.

It’s 3-0 now!!!

Just now, lewis028 said:

I keep hearing the news saying there has only ever been one red warning before this event and that was wales 2013, but I’m pretty sure London/Essex was issued a red warning in 2010? Anyone else remember?..can tell there is no snow falling here in Leigh 😂

I heard the last was then. There has been others before. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

Why are the showers dissipitating off the coash?

Is that Dutch for Coast :rofl:

3 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom.

Make that 3!

Just now, lewis028 said:

Yes I am pretty sure there was a Red one then too 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TomSE12 said:

Regards,

Tom.

3 .... shame.... lol.

• Like 1

Still not snowing properly

Wenger Out

• Like 1

Snowing lightly here in Tonbridge 

it is snowing in worthing yet it is too light to settle, its just blowing around like icing sugar

• Like 1