Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Ben Blizzard said:

I'm done with the mentality of 'even just a cm or two will do - at least it's something' done with all that shizz, well and truly done - I want a big old dumping, and nothing less! Who's with me? :yahoo::rofl:

Are we going to be stamping our tiny feet all the way to Moscow? :yahoo:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Given that most places will get a couple of centimetres over the coming days then I think no one will be overly disappointed this time around. At the moment it looks like areas with 20 of the coast in general along with areas close to favourable spots for streamers. 

nmmuk-45-72-0.png?25-12

Wash/Thames look the best  to supply streamers but many locations with a shout of decent totals for snow and these charts will not be that accurate either.

The USUAL places as per always. Im right in the East coast but not expecting much out of this week. Maybe a dusting  if lucky.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is there a chance we can split the thread? If a Thames Streamer does setup this place is going to go mental with all the London/Kent/Essex etc posters 

Not in this part of London they won't!

In all seriousness it look like i'll be waiting until Thursday / Friday for anything noteworthy. Thats not to say those of us in the NW won't get a couple of CM's in the meantime as the showers rattle through - i'd be surprised if we didn't! 

Frustrating as my hometown is going to do very well. Why did my GF make me come to snowless London :nea: 

The North Sea is kicking into gear see north of Netherlands popcorn convection incoming for tonight! A fair few places could wake up to a covering more spare in nature though.

027E151F-DCBC-46F4-9DE1-B659B3675218.thumb.jpeg.2af9757393d9fbeca5cf4e3af6e78aea.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pirata said:

The USUAL places as per always. Im right in the East coast but not expecting much out of this week. Maybe a dusting  if lucky.

I think you might do okay as the Orwell might pep up the showers and the winds will tend to veer from ENE to ESE as we go through the week, the problem for me at the moment is judging how much convection there will be, it could be scattered showers or we may end up with prolonged spells of snow, I guess tomorrow will be quite telling as convection will only increase into Tuesday so if showers are really piling in tomorrow then I think we will do okay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well the garden is frozen, this despite a high today of 3C. for a short spell, temp in Seaford now 1c.

Good Health to you all.

5.05 pm

Ramsgate bck to 0.0c..from 1.6c.(top temp)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

The North Sea is kicking into gear see north of Netherlands popcorn convection incoming for tonight! A fair few places could wake up to a covering more spare in nature though.

027E151F-DCBC-46F4-9DE1-B659B3675218.thumb.jpeg.2af9757393d9fbeca5cf4e3af6e78aea.jpeg

Looking good for more general snow, as you say 👍

• Like 1

Dewpoint down to -11c here now!

1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Looking good for more general snow, as you say 👍

indeed, can only see them beefing up before landfall . . . could be a long night ;-)

• Like 1

The instability spreading through Holland with weak showers developing in the area. Probably looking at midnight as a landfall time and that will probably be our first real life indictation of what way this cold spell is going to go down for us here, not just what was modelled.

Wouldn't expect anything too interesting overnight, probably will look more interesting around 4-6am tomorrow.

Edited by kold weather

1.2c here at 17:08. Dropping off quickly. All eye on the radars as we head towards dusk.

Still a few hours to go until the snow showers turn up tho. Exciting times guys.

Just now, Speedbird said:

indeed, can only see them beefing up before landfall . . . could be a long night ;-)

Even though I’m not in a favoured area, I have seen 4 inches from a streamer before, so you never know!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CK1981 said:

Even though I’m not in a favoured area, I have seen 4 inches from a streamer before, so you never know!

currently 02/M06 at Southend (about 1 mile away)

Oddly, despite being above freezing, I have a couple of icicles above my window 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Sherman said:

I have it on good authority from someone at the Met that Friday will b all Snow across the Uk and next week continues cold - dont get fooled by GooFuS

A few of us suggested that yesterday - looking forward to Friday :)

• Like 4

Looking at the metoffice it should all start at tomorrow at 18:00 for my location

Then it should continue all night and afternoon the following day.

• Like 1

In winter weather terms Cambridgeshire is usually pretty poor for snowfall , Huntingdon is lack of snow central. If we do get anything decent I shall be making naked snow angels.

2 minutes ago, TheMoonman said:

Oddly, despite being above freezing, I have a couple of icicles above my window 

Pics !! Anything snowy or Ice will do lol 

• Like 1

Cup of tea and the weather station! Perfect Sunday!

7CA9124E-84D6-4F04-9237-722C6FC9170B.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, jright35 said:

Cup of tea and the weather station! Perfect Sunday!

7CA9124E-84D6-4F04-9237-722C6FC9170B.jpeg

I've got one of them

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Is there a chance we can split the thread? If a Thames Streamer does setup this place is going to go mental with all the London/Kent/Essex etc posters 

No. :friends:

• Like 3