Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

1 minute ago, Sarah Anne said:

Never heard of a dangler before

Did you just make that up?

Lol yep like the Pembrokeshire Dangler (Thats a real term) from North to South.

The summer one from France is a Kent Clipper

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Daenerys said:

I guess Surrey is out of the running for the next couple of days?

This is what I want to know too!

there are three distinct possibilities according to my research:

1• Very very likely we will have several prolonged snow showers

2• Highly probable that the showers do not make it into Surrey at all but veer South into Brighton

3• Another night with no snow whatsoever, but we get treated by the press as if we did  actually get snow, and eventually I switch off the local radio in disgust - and spend the rest of the day picking my nose at work

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinybill said:

looking  at me rain alarm  some  very heavy snow due in the deal area

we ended up in the gap overnight, slightest dusting this morning, that blob will probably just miss again

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Crawley folk, if you get this blob then you in for a treat! blimey

I'm in crawley,  when should it get here? 

Edited by snowy weather

Genuine question (though probably the wrong thread, but this is the only place I post): this very fine powdery snow seems to me to have quite a distinct, almost chemical smell. Have never noticed this with snowfall in the past. We have an enclosed basement terrace which is thick with snow and I notice it every time I go out there (it's not normally stinky, I promise!) Is there any  scientific basis to this, or am I just going a bit potty?

2 minutes ago, snowy weather said:

I'm in crawley,  when should it get here? 

Must have missed you then.....

Well, looks like another pasting for us in Ashford again! 

Hoping for another inch or so but to be honest, bunked off today I’ve got to get s..t done tomorrow! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol yep like the Pembrokeshire Dangler (Thats a real term) from North to South.

The summer one from France is a Kent Clipper

Give it time, we will be in the game soon enough...

1 minute ago, Azores Hi said:

Well, looks like another pasting for us in Ashford again! 

Hoping for another inch or so but to be honest, bunked off today I’ve got to get s..t done tomorrow! 

What you trying to say... are you getting bored of snow already?!

[Angry waving of fists]

3 minutes ago, steveinsussex said:

Must have missed you then.....

I just checked the timing. It did hit! It left a covering. I completly missed it haha. 

There is a massive blob of precipitation hopefully which will hit crawley. 

3 minutes ago, kate1 said:

Genuine question (though probably the wrong thread, but this is the only place I post): this very fine powdery snow seems to me to have quite a distinct, almost chemical smell. Have never noticed this with snowfall in the past. We have an enclosed basement terrace which is thick with snow and I notice it every time I go out there (it's not normally stinky, I promise!) Is there any  scientific basis to this, or am I just going a bit potty?

Think you're just begin a bit metal lol. It is just frozen water - don't think it's cold enough to free polltion particles lol. 

• Like 1

Has anyone got one of these? Temp and humidity seem fine but pressure is way off! It's been set up since 10:00am so it's had time to settle. There's no adjustment possible either...

IMG_20180227_194024.jpg

Snow's started again down here in Folky.

Really blowing in that wind.

Throwing it down in Canterbury. All gaps now recovered in Snow.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Southender said:

Told you my drawing was spot on!

Amazing! Heaviest snow in years I’ve seen. Pic doesn’t do it justice . You were spot on mate. 1 inch in 35 mins! 

0ECAE741-B2D7-4E18-8005-6C3C2BDCE54D.jpeg

Edited by c00ps
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

What you trying to say... are you getting bored of snow already?!

[Angry waving of fists]

Lol, I’ll never get bored, had a blast today but when you run your own business it all becomes a bit more serious. 

• Like 2

Had an amazing day with the girls first snow today. Grateful for that. Any more is obviously extremely welcome but if me getting no more meant others got some Id take that. 

Spread the snow !

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Southender said:

Told you my drawing was spot on!

How's it looking for Crawley?  

Just started snowing here again in St leonards-on-Sea. Had 5cms of level snow on a flat surface from the snowfall earlier today.

I've got a hospital appointment in Sidcup at 10am tomorrow but cancelling that having seen the footage of the A21 on the news earlier. Currently -2.5c here.

hello guys , what an amazing night and day it was , Loads of snow falling massive big flakes too , This afternoon the showers stopped and the sun really melted the snow , walked back from work at 6pm and the pavements were so slippery , going to be a nightmare in The morning .Anyway my question is have we got anything in store tonight ? Love from Brighton 

Urgh need a more easterly component to blow anything over here in Cliffe ! 

• Like 1

Just had a brief, moderate-heavy shower. It begins! (Unfortunately I can't stay up tonight, so I have set my alarm for 4:45).