Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen
Captain Shortwave

Kent, Home counties and south London general weather discussion 25/02/2018 onwards

Sittingbourne still has heavy snow. Few pics from earlier. 12cm plus now

432826EB-D1A2-47AD-BCCA-17E6D14F35CA.jpeg

01B8BC65-297A-4A92-8D96-8821B489E93C.jpeg

FCB80F20-2657-426B-A1B7-0D55990AD65A.jpeg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jright35 said:

Thoughts for tonight Nick?

Later, got to drive over to a snowless Heathrow for work soon.

Been snowing here in northiam for over 3 hours,few flakes,then a moderate burst,eases off,then back to moderate,sadly though the ppn is dying off,and the channel appears to be having a rest,really hoping it peps up quick again,just dont want anything to melt lol

• Like 1

Nice covering of about 2-3cms here in Angmering, I'll definitely take it, considering that 2014-2017 was so abysmal for snow other than one minor snowfall in Feb '15 that melted by lunchtime. With that said, this is definitely no historic cold spell, but still the best in five years, and Yesterday until Friday is certainly still a very cold period.:cold:  

3 minutes ago, Icebox said:

Drip,drip,drip. :nonono:

Really ?

still -2c inland in Sussex

That’s lake effect!

• Like 7

Absolutely insane shower passed Southend a short while ago. 2cm added in less than half hour. Takes us up to 10cm level now. Radar starting to die to my east.

• Like 1

A cm tops in worthing

Edited by WeatherMoose

Hahaha! Went to bed thinking I'd be stuck in between those two streamers with just a smattering and woke up to this! (Anyone know why that helicopter was hovering above Capel hill this morning?)

IMG_20180227_090819.jpg

IMG_20180227_090851.jpg

• Like 4

We have 12cm here. Sunshine now and will be thawing whilst sun out.

Traffic seems to be moving ok where I am in Heathfield.

temp up to the dizzy heights of -0.5C

interestingly, we just had a good hour of heavy snow but not a breath of wind. 

This snow is crazy , I can’t believe how much is falling .I want to go and play in it but stuck at work until 6pm 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

glad we have 15cm already in this non event

someone will get 30cm

Big fat flakes here in Brighton, really heavy.  This is how it should be :D:cold:

961C690B-380D-45BE-8EB0-208067983E64.jpeg

Insane lapse rates. Very close to thundersnow. Best shower seen since 2010

Edited by Southender
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Froze were the Days said:

could see some drifting.. 

Now that would be fun..i do like like that if you get my drift :) good thing here about today no sun ☀.. No melt..unlike yesterday

2 minutes ago, Rob Deacon said:

Really ?

still -2c inland in Sussex

Yep at work in Lancing and it's disappearing as quick as it's coming down... only a dusting to start with though.

Heavy goose flake snow now in Saltdean.2 inches now on the flat surface.