South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, kumquat said:

You know it's been a historic event when Mullender's Little Hill takes a pounding :rofl:

Don't worry I'm more than happy to take one for the team :hi::friends:

• Thanks 1

I was feeling negative but sometimes I need to believe more and tonight has done that got some amazing drifts in the garden will get pictures on first light tomorrow!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, offerman said:

Christ really ?

then all that working up toward us in northeast Somerset too? 

Incredible if that happens ...

will put us on about 35-40cm 

Do you know what, I had a bit of a brain dead moment there. I should have said that's the totals from 6pm tonight until around midnight tomorrow. So I guess you've already had some of it.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Lynxus said:

Some very interesting growth to the south currently.

Circle 2 (second from left) i think is what the MetO were alluding to for the red alerts..

image.thumb.png.5f650ee7386447bfa58ce33ab50bbbc8.png

Looking at the Meto video forecast you're about right, although it all seems to feed into the red warning area snow train keeping it going all night!

1 minute ago, Blizzardof82 said:

There is a lot of precipitation building in the channel, where is that heading?

your only up the road and with more elevation must be looking nice up there!

This is insanely brilliant for us snow starved West Country folk 

played catch up well and truly today and pelting with snow as I type this 

1ft 1/2 drift poss 2ft 

tonorrow morninh ill go out me foot in it ( not for first time ) but literally go stick boot in it or ruler and see how much that is there 

flat is about 20-25 at present drifts more 

16584F8C-D5F7-4006-A41B-DC0C08754D09.jpeg

FCC28E84-4742-40D1-BA8C-0BFB4E9C3FA3.jpeg

8D8BD134-6929-4BF8-812F-78E136F365CF.jpeg

ED7C8E4D-A158-4E1D-987B-D232F481FAC7.jpeg

• Like 4

Seems to have all stopped here near Southampton........is that it or is there more coming? Just poured another glass of wine, need it to be a happy glass not a sad one!!! :drinks:

• Haha 1

Despite the depth of snow in most places, there are still patches of ground uncovered due to drifting elsewhere. Need those to fill in!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Chul said:

Seems to have all stopped here near Southampton........is that it or is there more coming? Just poured another glass of wine, need it to be a happy glass not a sad one!!! :drinks:

Looking at the radar, more for you in about an hour or two. Pour a big glass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
4 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Still hammering it down here; v windy. Still not super heavy but, hey, as others have said "It is March!":D

Heavy-ish, but fine powder snow all night. Amazed at the longevity. Would have liked the fatter flakes but this is new to me. A "one of a kind" experience.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Chul said:

nothing like watching a blizzard and getting jaffa caksed at the same time:drunk-emoji:

• Haha 2
Just now, kumquat said:

Heavy-ish, but fine powder snow all night. Amazed at the longevity. Would have liked the fatter flakes but this is new to me. A "one of a kind" experience.

V similar to the blizzards of Winter 78/79. I know it is boring i keep banging on about it, but that Winter is my Bristol Benchmark:D

• Like 3