Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

2 minutes ago, Dormouse said:

Snowdrift, there’s. 6 inch kerb under there!  Viciously cold out there now.  Thermometer says -8c.  

1A5ACF56-50EF-493A-9A6D-0596F6DD7897.jpeg

Where have you put that thermometer!  My weather station is saying -2.7c and I've not seen lower than -5c during this event.  One of us is broken :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

loca forecast for my postcode based on NMM hi-res 12z forecast.....snow and wind.......quite a lot of both!

Untitled.thumb.png.25b9e933eb48a3c9c7110a385b7438b2.png

If anyone is in or near widecombe in the moor can you let me know how it is there? Expecting them to get 40cm’s no probs at almost 1000ft. Going to be very dangerous conditions 

1 minute ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Slightly larger flakes other than snizzle beginning to appear here, about time after having light snow for a good hour.

Heavier stuff still down towards Frome/Warminster way, over Salisbury Plain.

Hoping it can hold together for another hour or so to reach us.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AWD said:

Heavier stuff still down towards Frome/Warminster way, over Salisbury Plain.

Hoping it can hold together for another hour or so to reach us.

What about the even heavier stuff in chanel... 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

NMM 12z looking much better for band of snow for tomorrow.

12z.png

6z.png

saturday night looks interesting for our neck of the woods as well on the NMM Medium res model!

Just now, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

Oh no it’s stopped here is that it for us?? Then rain later ugh ?

It looks like the island is in a lull before another area of heavy ppn moves in.

• Like 1

Guys - do not be deceived by the powder snow falling versus bigger flakes we normally see when temps are slightly higher. It will build up thru the night. 

Our 'base of snow' here is already 3 inches, even though no big flakes. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Guys - do not be deceived by the powder snow falling versus bigger flakes we normally see when temps are slightly higher. It will build up thru the night. 

Our 'base of snow' here is already 3 inches, even though no big flakes. 

I think you are correct... normally we do not see powder snow just the wet stuff.

Surprisingly more cars going in/out of Keynsham at the moment compared to earlier, NMM suggests strongest wind gusts to come at 9-10pm. May come hand in hand with the strong precipitation in the channel atm.

Massive gust just came through, visibility extremely low for a brief moment.

Edited by Ben Sainsbury

Wembury, SW Devon, 6 miles SE of Plymouth, 1 Mile from the coast :)

Brutal gusts of wind now blowing chunks of snow off the roofs. I think I'm going to make a pot of tea before the ice storm hits!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not being negative.  We had a crackin' day yesterday and I've never seen dry snow like it in the UK.  I think we have lots more to come . . could be snow . . . could be rain . . . could be an ice storm.

Good luck to one an all.  Amber warning of snow updated to extend the boundary North East !

image.thumb.png.8dfe750514c62e123eedfe2c677324ce.png

Its total mayhem out there just dragged the mutt up the hill to the main road and traffic is at a standstill practically.  My son is working just 3 miles away and is still in traffic after 2 hours

16 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Stunning weather, would like to see some fat flakes and heavier ppn but its moving in the right direction :hi:

I still don’t understand how this doesn’t warrant a red warning, by the looks of things they extended the amber

Holy batman Pogo stick, just got back from the horses on the moors and in all my 26 years I have never experienced weather like it! Think I have driven and walked through my first blizzard! Couldn't muck out the horses as the wind was so strong it took it all out the wheel barrow. Couldn't see more than 2 meters in front. Over 1ft snow drifts, absolutely crazy! My car is blooming amazing and on one snow drift I drove through I felt the side of the car tip up. Not going to forget that in a while! 

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

• Like 7