Jump to content
Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

I could be imagining it, but the channel streamer seems to have pushed north in the last few frames alone, as the French precip moves up. Maybe good for those near the coast?

Edited by Climate_Eyes
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rh205 said:

Are the Hi-Res Models still struggling to get a grip on the exact track and timings of storm emma and her fronts or have they pretty much got it nailed now?

Won't be nailed to t+0 anything can happen in these set ups its looking good though

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Its all looking a bit mental over France :shok:

3DFD3627-2DF2-4651-8869-AAB386741DE5.thumb.png.b8472e60e4788e0490e94bd88e34065b.png

It would take a huge turn of events for that to whisk swiftly northwest like the beeb have it. I personally think central southern England will do very well as well as the west, I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Climate_Eyes said:

I could be imagining it, but the channel streamer seems to have pushed north in the last few frames alone, as the French precip moves up. Maybe good for those near the coast?

I think it might've done slightly. Now that it's too far west for me. :wallbash:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Minus 5 here tonight, feels much colder, just had to bring the pet rabbit in, should have done it a bit sooner really. Just got an email from the schools saying it will open tomorrow but if things get bad you will need to pick your kids up (seven mile drive on B roads) brilliant, prob good idea not to send them?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

I I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

If that turns out to be the case that's us staying cold for longer as well. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EllyTech said:

Oh my word, forecast radar has that lot intensify and drift West. Streamer comes ashore. Approx. 00.30hrs tonight. Wonder if it will actually pan out like this.

radar.jpeg

That would be ace if that happens

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, matt111 said:

I think it might've done slightly. Now that it's too far west for me. :wallbash:

:sorry:

 

Might be time to get biting on those party rings mate! :rofl:


That French stuff is going to deliver the goods for you, I can feel it.

:friends:

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Can some one please expect what's going to happen tomorrow I am aware that I'm in the amber warning of this post which is st Austell in Cornwall now I'm checking everything i can not find much snow only a few light showers yet again in Thursday night turn rain? 5-15cm? A dusting ? Confused.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bazray said:

Minus 5 here tonight, feels much colder, just had to bring the pet rabbit in, should have done it a bit sooner really. Just got an email from the schools saying it will open tomorrow but if things get bad you will need to pick your kids up (seven mile drive on B roads) brilliant, prob good idea not to send them?

Our guinea pig has been in since Sunday as they're not supposed to be out in temps less than 15c according to the RSPCA.

All quiet on the south coast front. And I have to say "damn those French stealing that snow, not only do they steal our storms in the summer now they've got our fluffy stuff too!" :nonono:

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Severe Siberian icy blast said:

It would take a huge turn of events for that to whisk swiftly northwest like the beeb have it. I personally think central southern England will do very well as well as the west, I have a feeling the ecm developing that short wave has it nailed it's rarely wrong inside 48hrs 

Cheers for that, I agree RE: ECM.

france Radar is top of my priority list tonight.wife is bottom ??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Climate_Eyes said:

:sorry:

 

Might be time to get biting on those party rings mate! :rofl:


That French stuff is going to deliver the goods for you, I can feel it.

:friends:

 

I've just put them away now or I would keep nibbling them. :nonono:

I hope it does, but if it comes this way i'll send it your way after I've finished with it, since your snow yesterday just about made it here. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Oh my word, forecast radar has that lot intensify and drift West. Streamer comes ashore. Approx. 00.30hrs tonight. Wonder if it will actually pan out like this.

radar.jpeg

Why did you post that? Just thought I'd go and get an early night, no chance now:D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...