South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sod the snow, Tom Baker is trying to steal your car. 

I want to see this in the morning.  

Good afternoon all ,with the passing of my beautifull wife last Autumn things have been rather busy at home but now starting to quieten down ,so today i,v been for a great walk up local woods .with th

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, MidnightSnow said:

That doesn't look right but I'll take it. You'd expect much higher amounts in South Wales and SE Ireland.

Edit: My bad. Thought it was total snowfall accumulated.

So it’s how much snow is gonna fall that hour? 

someone asked me earlier where I thought the sweet spot (Red Warning) might end up being, and my punt was N Somerset South Wales areas, I stand by that :crazy:

image.thumb.png.c5d1fc632b4261b79d86b37a31aab9d2.png

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 4
Just now, karlos1983 said:

someone asked me earlier where I thought the sweet spot might end up being, and my punt was N Somerset South Wales areas, I stand by that :crazy:

Your my new best friend :) lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

No ice day, today. But, I have broken all of my cold weather records.

Minimum Temperature: -5.7 °C
Minimum Apparent Temperature: -10.2 °C
Minimum Wind Chill: -9.8 °C
Minimum Dew Point: -12.5 °C
Lowest Maximum Temperature: 0.8 °C

Wind gusting to 38mph as well.

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

someone asked me earlier where I thought the sweet spot might end up being, and my punt was N Somerset South Wales areas, I stand by that :crazy:

I'm just about in that ring so I'd take that! 

• Like 1

BOOM ...... DP has just hit -10.1C another record!! 

Didn't quite get an Ice Day, got to 1C, but it's already -1.0C  now, perhaps another record tonight?

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 7

Definitely a wait-and-see the next 2 days! Especially as today was supposed to be the driest day of the week, that was even predicted up to yesterday evening. Ok not much settled, but has been snowing on and off here since about 1.30 and there’s a bit coming down now... got to love the unpredictability of snow! ....or not maybe. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, John88B said:

I'm just about in that ring so I'd take that! 

I actually think that area circled on the accumulation chart will receive a red warning, seems best location.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

I actually think that area circled on the accumulation chart will receive a red warning, seems best location.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :yahoo: Hope so

I would move it 50miles west.  Take Bristol & Somerset out of hit and put Dartmoor, Exmoor and South/South East Wales in hit.

I would be more than have with the 12z GFS version of events however.

• Sad 2

Can I be really greedy and request a 50 mile shift east of that? Or in the spirit of fairness for the SW a widening 150 Miles West and East...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

BOOM ...... DP has just hit -10.1C another record!! 

Didn't quite get an Ice Day, got to 1C, but it's already -1.0C  now, perhaps another record tonight?

Also broke my DP record by a huge margin at -12.6°C. I did manage an ice day with a high of -0.2°C. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

someone asked me earlier where I thought the sweet spot (Red Warning) might end up being, and my punt was N Somerset South Wales areas, I stand by that :crazy:

I love you. Please will you marry me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1