Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

3 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’ve just hung my washing out in the hopes that reverse psychology it’ll snow now! Cloud is bubbling up but nothing showing on the radar

Im taking a trip to sunny wells in half hour khodds for my mop chop :laugh:

Dont think we going to see any snow today.

1 minute ago, jy said:

It wont work Khodds,put mine out and hour ago,so stiff with the frost you couldn't sort it with a cricket bat lol 

Ahh sweet memories.. . :D ('70s)

1 minute ago, SNOW CRYSTAL said:

Fantastic,.  can't wait. Haven't really had time to have a look this morning so that's a nice surprise. Thought we were going to miss out and just get a few flakes. Fingers crossed ❄⛄❄⛄❄

yep all subject to change but i think tomorrow has great potential. Getting out of plymouth could be nightmare if the roads start to pile up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, festivalking said:

yep all subject to change but i think tomorrow has great potential. Getting out of plymouth could be nightmare if the roads start to pile up. 

It'd be fantastic for us, hubby and I are both off for the day so that's great, but it would be even more amazing for Plymouth and JJ ( and my brother)  in Torpoint, they very rarely see snow. 😁😁

8 minutes ago, jy said:

It wont work Khodds,put mine out and hour ago,so stiff with the frost you couldn't sort it with a cricket bat lol 

Ah well worth a try 😂 I’ll learn!

8 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Im taking a trip to sunny wells in half hour khodds for my mop chop :laugh:

Dont think we going to see any snow today.

Boooo (to the no snow)... where are you off to? Minskys?! Or Dons 🙈

Edited by khodds

If only we can get this system to push east and south a bit more everyone will be in the game then. Not looking forward to a rain to snow event or snow to rain. Everyone's needs to get outside and blow as hard we can lol 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, khodds said:

Ah well worth a try 😂 I’ll learn!

Boooo (to the no snow)... where are you off to? Minskys?! Or Dons 🙈

leons barber, st cuthberts street leave in 10. :D

• Like 1

Just now, Nights King said:

leons barber, st cuthberts street leave in 10. :D

Ah good old Leon! My husband jokes to our son that Don would cut your ear off 😂. He’s now scared to walk past.... poor Don 😂

5 minutes ago, divadee said:

Can I ask where you have seen this? All mine are looking ropey!

Sure, Thursday shows any precip falling as snow that makes it in, then Friday this

32FE5C40-5DA3-4F95-A4BA-F4F0ABA75DF1.thumb.gif.f36872fc7b494bad5da8baf469ccb700.gif279BEE07-F35D-4085-BE87-E764F24FDE79.thumb.gif.a3e8b42f79f4e47903282ea13f92471a.gifF99CCC60-E08B-4CF8-BC68-9AB571D2F899.thumb.gif.6eb6a0899677d9f8eec84293c0949247.gif

expect detail to change, but the main message is things are getting better in general for all of our region, not just away from coasts!

Edited by karlos1983
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

Sure, Thursday shows any precip falling as snow that makes it in, then Friday this

32FE5C40-5DA3-4F95-A4BA-F4F0ABA75DF1.thumb.gif.f36872fc7b494bad5da8baf469ccb700.gif279BEE07-F35D-4085-BE87-E764F24FDE79.thumb.gif.a3e8b42f79f4e47903282ea13f92471a.gifF99CCC60-E08B-4CF8-BC68-9AB571D2F899.thumb.gif.6eb6a0899677d9f8eec84293c0949247.gif

expect detail to change, but the main message is things are getting better in general for all of our region,  it just away from coasts!

Thanks for this. God knows how i have missed It! I have brain/snow fog I think. 

Edited by divadee

I have a good feeling about it though quite often these things can shift at the last minute wouldnt take much of an adjustment for it to be all snow. 

4 minutes ago, khodds said:

Ah good old Leon! My husband jokes to our son that Don would cut your ear off 😂. He’s now scared to walk past.... poor Don 😂

Ive been seeing him since I was 12 years old! :D

Don't get my free lolly pop any more though :nonono:

Edited by Nights King

30 minutes ago, khodds said:

I’ve just hung my washing out in the hopes that reverse psychology it’ll snow now! Cloud is bubbling up but nothing showing on the radar

27 minutes ago, jy said:

25 minutes ago, EllyTech said:

Ahh sweet memories.. . :D ('70s)

That happened to mine yesterday until the strengthening sun got to work from about 11.00 to 15.00 and it dried despite continuing flurries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rapodo said:

I have a good feeling about it though quite often these things can shift at the last minute wouldnt take much of an adjustment for it to be all snow. 

High risk, hopefully high reward 😃 🤞 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

That happened to mine yesterday until the strengthening sun got to work from about 11.00 to 15.00 and it dried despite continuing flurries.

Excellent! Hope mine does the same.. the sun is just getting on it now

I'm liking the look of the predicted wind direction in met office app for Thursday n Friday for my location. Poole. Got a good chance at the moment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

High risk, hopefully high reward 😃 🤞 

Poster in the MAD thread saying about away from the south coast. Guessing he hasn’t looked at the charts you posted in here. 

1 hour ago, khodds said:

Beautiful day! My low temp was -4.2; got the day off, should be doing house chores but have a feeling I may be trapped weather watching again 🙈

I've been at work less than an hour and I've already got the radar up in a tab behind a spreadsheet! :D

1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

I would just say that you’ll be best off staying away from the Mad thread for now, I’ve not looked and don’t intend to. We will get some excellent comentry in here now, without the biased views of people that might live 100’s of miles away from here.

just my opinion. Regionals are best now!

Definitely, stick to here and Ian F Twitter page, to many on the mad thread just going on there own interpretation of the models even though the pros are saying  there’s not a lot of confidence at the moment, it could go either way

• Like 2

Bit of a flurry here in Filton. (Blink and you'll miss it)

Edited by kumquat
  • Like 1