Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 22/02/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

-5c; clear skies. No snow overnight; nit even a graupel.

What's Thurs/Fri looking like on latest charts? Seen AWD's arpege charts. Is it back on?

I think Thursday/Friday event has always been on for our neck of the woods. I've not seen any forecast or chart that has said otherwise.

In fact we have looked from the very beginning to be in prime position. Of course it can still all change for the worse, but unlikley.

I think it's our one and only shot at snow this week, but it might just be the jackpot!  

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I think Thursday/Friday event has always been on for our neck of the woods. I've not seen any forecast or chart that has said otherwise.

In fact we have looked from the very beginning to be in prime position. Of course it can still all change for the worse, but unlikley.

I think it's our one and only shot at snow this week, but it might just be the jackpot!  

You're right mate, our best shot at snow this week. I think we'll hit the jackpot as it's only 2 days away now!

The met office fax chart keeps the low in the channel for 2 days feeding the snow over us.

• Like 1

Posted

I wonder when we will see the warnings being upgraded to Amber, because as it stands we could easily see more snow than anyone else has all week, coupled with high winds, we could also see drifting.

I'm getting a little carried away now, but could easily be the case.

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I wonder when we will see the warnings being upgraded to Amber, because as it stands we could easily see more snow than anyone else has all week, coupled with high winds, we could also see drifting.

Well the BBC forecast mentioned blizzards and didn't even say possible so it must be firming up now.

• Like 2

Posted

I need to get to Shepton Mallet from east devon on Friday, lots on here saying thur/Friday snow but both my BBC app and Meto say rain for Friday. So I look on my BBC app (which actually says 'heavy' rain) and think I'll get there then come on here and think maybe not...so confusing!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)
2 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I would love to see some lying snow too but fear I might be just a tad East for the end of the week. My pond waterfall has icicles but pump still working so I'm keeping an eye on the fish who are huddled together bless them. Fingers crossed everyone in our region gets the snow they want.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Well the BBC forecast mentioned blizzards and didn't even say possible so it must be firming up now.

I have to keep pinching myself when hearing blizzards, heavy snow etc for our location.

Knocker has posted something in the short range thread, not sure what to make of it.... Mmmmm

Posted
3 minutes ago, slb97 said:

I would love to see some lying snow too but fear I might be just a tad East for the end of the week. My pond waterfall has icicles but pump still working so I'm keeping an eye on the fish who are huddled together bless them. Fingers crossed everyone in our region gets the snow they want.

Still a bit of time for things to change for better or worse. 

Fingers crossed we all see snow before the cold spell finishes.

Posted
3 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I have to keep pinching myself when hearing blizzards, heavy snow etc for our location.

Knocker has posted something in the short range thread, not sure what to make of it.... Mmmmm

God knows. He's using the GFS for the charts mind and the experts have access to more data.

• Like 1

Posted

Brr, -4.5C this morning, not exceptional on inversion nights quite notable with a breeze and no inversion.

For parts of South Devon/Cornwall, that missed out on much of the snow in events in 2010 etc, it looks like Tomorrow could be your day for something with that line of showers likely to come ashore (will probably just miss me).

Then it could be a watch for some interestingly low dew points for some later tomorrow.

Thursday-Friday looks 'interesting', slight adjustments in the right direction :) could be a right mess for some too with snow/freezing rain/cold rain etc.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

-5.1 earlier, with a wind chill of -11.1 and DP -10.3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow/thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Isleofwightsnowgal74 said:

thibk it’s all over for sale of Wight chances!! Chilly but Sunny day out and here no signs of any snow at all! Thursday looking marginal now too - gutted!!! 

Yep my thoughts too. To think this week will end up snowless for us with such a cold arctic feed seems crazy, but it's not looking very promising. ?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

What’s this Facebook page ive been reading about 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: what's the bloody point when you live in Britain

One thing i haven't being discussed regarding Thurs/friday, is likely snow depths? Anyone have any ideas what we're looking at?

Posted
1 minute ago, Fred Sykes said:

One thing i haven't being discussed regarding Thurs/friday, is likely snow depths? Anyone have any ideas what we're looking at?

As it stands 5-10cm 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, tomjwlx said:

As it stands 5-10cm 

I'd think and hope for much greater potential than that... 2 days of heavy snow possible and only 5cm.. :cc_confused:

• Like 1