Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

Hexham this morning. Roads were great yesterday morning, but when I came home from work the A69 was down to 40mph with accidents and I struggled to get up hills. People pushing cars up station road into town. Not commuting today. 

IMG_0539.JPG

• Thanks 1
Guest Durham Weather

Durham is getting a pasting. Horizontal powder blizzard for about the last 2 hours now. Drifting in the wind. I imagine it'll be like this most of the day. Had a meeting at 12 with a mate from Shildon, but that's cancelled as he's snowed in too.

Edited by Durham Weather
Just now, Airedalejoe said:

Did well this morning from about 6am, pretty much a full on blizzard. Can anyone remember the temperature so low (-4) in a strong wind off the sea? At 60asl!

The last time would have been 1991, but I am not sure if it got that low then.

5 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

Did well this morning from about 6am, pretty much a full on blizzard. Can anyone remember the temperature so low (-4) in a strong wind off the sea? At 60asl!

Windchill must be seriously cold.

3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

All bar two Corporation Road and Mount Pleasant Primary School are open

Seriously thats shocking the conditions are terrible, 8 inchs in the back garden, ice day on the cards 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

The last time would have been 1991, but I am not sure if it got that low then.

Not here, think had 18" of snow but easy to measure as wasn't windy plus temp would sink just under 0c then just over depending on wind direction.

Think it will be a long time till this is repeated.

25 minutes ago, Larger than average Hobo said:

Durham is getting a pasting. Horizontal powder blizzard for about the last 2 hours now. Drifting in the wind. I imagine it'll be like this most of the day. Had a meeting at 12 with a mate from Shildon, but that's cancelled as he's snowed in too.

I got to the Renault dealer with the kids and turned back.

Lull in the showers now here in Newcastle. Have a good 3ins if snow and it’s blowong off rooftops in the wind adding to the fun! I’m betting that today will be a repeat of yesterday, lull through he day but as soon as dusk approaches the showers will pep up again and we’ll get another pasting tonight from streamers 

Just now, NorthEastSnow said:

Stockton is just in the wrong place now for these showers. I can see the all dark out to sea but there just going north of here. 

Most of them just skirting here too. Looking at the satellite suggests they may be further south this afternoon though. Or i'm just hopelessly optimistic.