Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

8 minutes ago, Bridgehill Blizzard said:

Does anyone have current temps around Consett? Have not felt cold like it!

Just down the road in Dipton ⛄

P80227-205628.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Amazing view from mine right now moon and an angry orange sky! 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Wasn't thunder earlier it was an RAF Typhoon 

Definitely lightning I saw to the East of town the rumble wasn't very load though a good few miles away 

1 minute ago, Boro Snow said:

Definitely lightning I saw to the East of town the rumble wasn't very load though a good few miles away 

I've opened the curtains to keep a look out

• Like 1

WOW WOW WOW a proper blizzard here. Heavy snow. Everything covered again. Roads are trechearous. A 5 minute journey from South Bank to Boro took me 30 minutes I could barely see at one point. Now this certainly warranted an Amber warning. Just like the good old days. 

Edited by Snowmaggedon
  • Like 4

Just been out to measure the snow and surprised that it was a good 8cms.

Frequent heavy snow showers all evening has led to a steady increase in depth and with a temperature of -3.2c I don't have to worry about a thaw!

Great day in east Cumbria.

Andy

• Like 5

Just had a walk to bottom of hunwick.  Seen 1 bit of lightening over towards crook/oakenshaw.   Few light showers but nothing substantial in the hour.

Road is just solid ice.  Skating rink near enough.  Frozen over the grit and only just making tracks after a few cars over it.  Guarantee it'll be frozen over in the morning again.

Got a nice beefy one headed my way now it's been a good night so far.  Easily 3-4(ish) cm more from the showers that have passed over and the main event (amber warning) hasn't even arrived yet!

Poor Consett although it does snow in August up there doesn't it? :rofl:

1 minute ago, seabreeze86 said:

There are some huge showers crossing over from Scandinavia you can make them out on the infrared satellite 

Screenshot_20180227-211553.png

Almost looks like the Meto Fax chart trough out there over the sea lol