Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Nothing particularly warm expected in the NE this weekend thanks to the airflow coming off the North Sea, high teens maxima.

Whats everybody's thoughts on the coming days with storm's, North West looks best after watching Gavs storm watch, tomorrow night and Thursday possibly best for us 

Newcastle looking south west. It's been a hot one today compared to recent days with the easterly breeze. Unfortunately things seem to have shifted a bit west again for later. We'll see.

20200811_143652.jpg

It was foggy here and 14C until about 10am then sun broke through and it soared to 28C.
Wind has gone more to SE than NE, the last few days have been rather grim at times for August but cool if humid, rather than chilly.

It is certainly grim here today, cold and cloudy more like december,oh when will the sun shine again.

Rainfall totals totting up here rather quickly. The radar looks grim for the next hour or so too. Moderate rain for some time now.

Reported funnel cloud in the Ashington/Lynemouth area. 

Image is not mine. I don't know who to credit as the screenshot I received had the name chopped off!

SmartSelect_20200824-122632_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20200824-114401_Chrome.jpg

Met Office warning suggests that flooding of a few properties and/or businesses is possible. 

36 minutes ago, GeordieX9v said:

What a difference 12 days makes!

image.thumb.png.50d86e8e1f5a992b3ece5eff372f83c2.pngimage.thumb.png.a44039eb9e0db06873656df04fc5f79a.png

What weather station is that if you don’t mind me asking?

36 minutes ago, Paul_1978 said:

What weather station is that if you don’t mind me asking?

It is the The National Geographic 256-Colour 5-in-1 station I believe. Nothing too fancy and rather inexpensive.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GeordieX9v said:

It is the The National Geographic 256-Colour 5-in-1 station I believe. Nothing too fancy and rather inexpensive.

Cheers mate 🙂