Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

I know it's crazy this is the precipitation for the last 12 hours says all really

Screenshot_20190201-201919.png

Yup, that just about sums it up ?. What's made even worse, is that these showers then intensify when they pass over. 

4 minutes ago, Chris. said:

We've probably had more than a LOT of the south regions.   Goes to show, you dont need huge fancy weather patterns to deliver the goods!

I always prefer convective snow showers like this,  as it usually dumps a moderate amount each time.  You also have the added risk of thunder and lightning which comes as a bonus.

Edited by P-M
1 minute ago, P-M said:

I always prefer convective snow showers like this,  as it usually dumps a moderate amount each time.  You also have the added risk of thunder and lightning which comes as a bonus.

Could not agree more and thats where my misunderstood 2010 comment came from.  This is just a mini version

• Like 4
Just now, Freezing-Point said:

Could not agree more and thats where my misunderstood 2010 comment came from.  This is just a mini version

I know and if the model runs are anything to go by we might be waiting a while. 

2 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Seems to be clearing up in the north sea after this main cluster moves inland.

Apart from the northumberland streamer.

Thoughts??

It does this but by the time the main showers now are pushing inland more will be showing on the radar again.

21 minutes ago, Freezing-Point said:

I think the misunderstanding was even mentioning 2010 in the first place. It's just basically like any year we get snow showers from the north sea. 

9 minutes ago, doctor32 said:

Seems to be clearing up in the north sea after this main cluster moves inland.

Apart from the northumberland streamer.

Thoughts??

Only the radar will tell us while we still have air flow off the N.Sea.   I thought it was dead at 5PM then showers just materialised from nowhere.   It could happen again......