Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Raining in Darlo some sleet for higher ground snow more restricted to the western side

10b4f9f9-2f05-4640-b1e7-2bd48e40d6c8.thumb.png.191972b663d1b5ddee2ac0f42d874ba6.png

3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Raining in Darlo some sleet for higher ground snow more restricted to the western side

10b4f9f9-2f05-4640-b1e7-2bd48e40d6c8.thumb.png.191972b663d1b5ddee2ac0f42d874ba6.png

Is this due to change later on in the day? Is this why the warnings only start from Now?

183892789_ScreenShot2019-01-29at12_08_57.thumb.png.f1a0862cda38e592994b38bd48737e10.png1332088476_ScreenShot2019-01-29at12_09_15.thumb.png.5e62ea1869f4d498c48f47624eea13f2.png261966668_ScreenShot2019-01-29at12_09_36.thumb.png.778fcd8af153f6c5ea7905c6bf7047f6.png

Snow should become widespread around late afternoon, dewpoints not expected to drop below freezing til 3:00pm then throughout the area by 6:00pm. The front moving NW\SE should deliver snow for most in our region unless the said front has moved through quicker than forecast.

1365794630_ScreenShot2019-01-29at12_19_22.thumb.png.cb7f6a8d6c7e672277dfb432aec167de.png1508013043_ScreenShot2019-01-29at12_19_42.thumb.png.aaaf3699f3ed2b64e287b82d103c31b3.png

Just now, NorthEastSnow said:

Is this due to change later on in the day? Is this why the warnings only start from Now?

Back edge could turn to snow for a short time whether it'll stick is another matter given how wet the ground is now

Raining here now to be expected though, should gradually get colder now as 850hpa and Dew points drop away

Everything getting wet here not with snow lol!

Never mind hopefully them images that NL posted will come true and we have a period of heavy snow.

Grass slowly turning less green now, defo getting heavier. Posted in SE thread originally by accident, ooops

20190129_123627.jpg

20190129_123501.jpg

Screenshot_20190129-123846_AccuWeather.jpg

59 minutes ago, seabreeze86 said:

Yeah that's my hope,  need the Dew points to drop away before any precipitation arrives,  if it does

Our hope didn't come true lol. Although ive seen wet ground turn to snow quite quickly in heavy snow so lets now lose hope yet. 

Sleet in Aycliffe currently.

Weird day really. Had snow this morning, then rain and now sleet. On the road earlier and pretty much all rain down stockton, boro and darlington.

Snow line falling now, so if ppn holds on for a few hours it should turn increasingly to sleet/snow but settling snow reserved for ground around 250

Already turning sleety here as it gets heavier, think snow will settle to all levels if precipitation is still around after 6pm

Sleet now in Washington.  Bloody Baltic oot there now!

Might hit the rare -5c Wednesday night. Last March we hit -4c so might beat that

Looking at the radar it looks like the front is going to be south by the time DP's and temps become more favourable.  You have to hope that Feb brings something because hanging on to the hope of a few measly CM's is really scraping the barrel 😂

It’s getting more sleety now. But there is no chance of anything laying yet. 

Its freezing out there though. 

3 minutes ago, NorthEastSnow said:

It’s getting more sleety now. But there is no chance of anything laying yet. 

Its freezing out there though. 

Happy to be proved wrong but I'm calling a fail today (for my area at least).

Definitely a fail here too nothing but moderate rain or drizzle, puddles everywhere it will be a nightmare though later when it freezes 

2 minutes ago, P-M said:

Happy to be proved wrong but I'm calling a fail today (for my area at least).

No i agree i dont think we will see anything to warrant the warnings. 

Only thing i can see is this lot freezing causing a lot of ice. 

Suppose we have a fair number of weeks to see something substantial yet.

5 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Definitely a fail here too nothing but moderate rain or drizzle, puddles everywhere it will be a nightmare though later when it freezes 

Am hoping on the fact you update us all soon saying big flakes and everything turning white lol. 

With you being the furthest west we want your updates first 😂

2 minutes ago, Northumberland snowman said:

Band slipping away to out south now. No snow for us 

Yea its just not going to happen. Looks like the south is in with all the fun. 

I cant see that significant snow reaching this far North on Thursday i would expect the warnings to be taken down.