Snow?

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Amazing view from mine right now moon and an angry orange sky! 

Posted Images

On 14/10/2018 at 22:39, Boro Snow said:

Currently 3.9c outside it does feel colder than that, come on guys let's get this thread back to life, #winteriscoming ?

Give it another month mate lol

Next weekend certainly feeling cold, but not much snow apart from high ground and maybe low ground during night period

Edited by doctor32
8 hours ago, 4wd said:

Possibly snowiest spot.

chev.JPG

Small window of snowfall possible above 400m across Moors Friday night into Saturday morning.

Sods law the Blakey station is down as the batteries have ran out on the VUE console, going to head up Saturday afternoon to get em changed!

Absoloutly chucking it down here in the past 20 minutes.... With rain.

Certainly felt much colder late this afternoon out and about.

Some wintryness for many during tomorrow morning.

There's a few flakes in the heavier bursts but it's 3.5C so inconsequential here at 650feet, the tops are usually about 1.5C cooler in this sort of scenario - probably some slushy cover.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Jeremy Shockey said:

a bit of wet snow for the Moors perhaps according to Euro4 !  ( good luck Viz )

euro4.gif

Off t Moors in't morning.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, 4wd said:

There's a few flakes in the heavier bursts but it's 3.5C so inconsequential here at 650feet, the tops are usually about 1.5C cooler in this sort of scenario - probably some slushy cover.

Big shame about Blakey station, might come back on at midnight when Pi resets, if not I'm swapping the console batteries tomorrow, talk about bad timing.

My Chop Gate hilltop station at just short of 900ft is currently 2.6c with a dew of 2c, based on the data across the Moors I would take a stab at Blakey 1.8c with a dew of 1c therefore wet snow in heavier showers.

Pure snow up there after midnight I reckon, heading up first light, keep us updated with Westerdale Colin!