Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Paul

Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

I could see the atmosphere really trying to do something late afternoon early evening but did not realise it managed it 

What are the storm chances tmorrow . Looks like an area of rain coming in from the south east despite metoffice warnings 

Very tricky by the looks of it, a line of storms expected to develop, but where this sets up is anyones guess. Also a more organised area of heavy and thundery rain should move up over eastern coastal areas later.

I am hoping to see something tomorrow 🌩️

• Like 2

I think today's radar was all lies nothing from the skies but the radàr said different 

There's quite a blob approaching, but it's only 17C so not sure anything dramatic will happen as it hits land.
Rain on and off this afternoon for sure.

Something developing 20 miles west of me . A line from Pickering too just south of Middlesbrough . 

There's some convection on a rolling boil along the Cleveland Hills 2 or 3 miles west of here.
Looking at what's 'upwind' isn't very helpful today as things are able to develop in situ

Very dark too my south . That downpour has been stuck in the same place for an hour could be some serious rain there

My 3 nephews are walking part of Hadrians wall today,looks like they may get a bit wet but a storm seems unlikely.

Some storms with torrential downpours have developed between consett and prudhoe, extending to stanley and chester-le-street.

also had some heavy rain here in aycliffe too.

Just skirted North of me. Looks like you had a good shower in Aycliffe

June 2nd turned into quite a wet day in the end. 23.8mm recorded in Gilesgate, Durham

Edited by Larger than average Hobo
  • Like 1

Travelled through a altitude of 200m today. You wouldn’t be wrong in thinking it might be November:crazy:

Crazy to see you guys getting poor temps ,  it's been 24 c here in west Cumbria with some convective cloud piping over the fells 

Top temp here today 13c currently 11c cold and drizzle feels colder than that 

• Like 1

Last several days have been a drizzle and fog fest, cooler today too just 9.5C this morning.

Hopefully, this cloud will shift as the morning progresses doesn't look as extensive as it did yesterday

84cdd6ad-44de-4745-a52b-dee561b59951.thumb.png.289bc6ddae250b7e4fa52538cc1ee775.png

Feels A bit fresh out there tonight currently 10c

It has been dull and overcast up to now after a brilliantly sunny day yesterday but only warm ot of the wind,today is distinctly chilly and I have my doubts as to any sunshine now,but lets hope.

Another crap day here . Misty , drizzle . Can not wait for the wind too change . Even if it does bring rain . This North Sea muck. Is getting me down

Not a cloud in the sky now 🙄

2 hours ago, Stozzy said:

Another crap day here . Misty , drizzle . Can not wait for the wind too change . Even if it does bring rain . This North Sea muck. Is getting me down

So agree. Bring on Westerlies and lets get rid of this crap. A full 2 weeks of this dross apart from the odd day.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Boro Snow said:

Not a cloud in the sky now 🙄

Haha lucky you 

3 minutes ago, Stozzy said:

Haha lucky you 

Not really it's a bit chilly lol hope tomorrow is better 

• Like 1