Far north and northeast of England - regional chat

Just now, Snowmaggedon said:

A repeat of the last 3 nights would be the icing on the cake. :D

I agree I am certainly not snow starved but I am greedy in set ups like this and just want more and more lol

• Haha 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went to the Pennines in the end. Should have gone to Teesdale, but there wasn't time, so settled for Weardale. Couple of shots...  

Here you go... I ventured fully out. 27991638_1593131500722016_1995411088115499008_n.mp4

Have to say the SE thread better than any soap opera. They're attacking each other cos some have snizzle and some dont, the place is in melt down.  Thank God for regionals and happy to see that w

Posted Images

Screenshot_20180301-150807.thumb.png.659931f9babfd14c55195a6061c2c65c.png notice the trough is close by tonight, might be the reason why amber warning still in force. May be enough to enhance showers later compared to now...

Screenshot_20180301-150801.thumb.png.38df0814a9c87141d8600c402efb34b4.png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NorthEastSnow said:

I cant see much happening here tonight. Unless something pops up out of no where then i cant see why we still have a warning of amber. 

Probably just covering themselves. Light snow here from time to time but it's definitely died away.

3 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

Probably just covering themselves. Light snow here from time to time but it's definitely died away.

I would have thought if it was to cover themselves it would just be reduced to a yellow warning and not Amber?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MonkeyMag said:

I would have thought if it was to cover themselves it would just be reduced to a yellow warning and not Amber?

Hopefully you're right but there's nothing showing on the radar, not much anyway, and hasn't been for the last 5 hrs or so.

A further remark on the word GRAUPEL. I first heard it years ago in a programme hosted by Alan Coren, they gave 4 definitions of the word and only one was right it was fun. Anyhow I used it as my password on Net Weather years ago.

27 minutes ago, Airedalejoe said:

The wouldn't cover themselves with an amber warning...

• Confused 1

Although the radar is showing a lot less activity in general the actual snow falling has been about the same here as the last 2 days.  Mainly light snow interspersed with the odd heavy burst.

According the the BBC forecast this morning there should be some concentrated showers for the Tyneside area by 6pm.....

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

Although the radar is showing a lot less activity in general the actual snow falling has been about the same here as the last 2 days.  Mainly light snow interspersed with the odd heavy burst.

According the the BBC forecast this morning there should be some concentrated showers for the Tyneside area by 6pm.....

As far down as Durham, by any chance?

6 minutes ago, Hagler said:

I never thought I hear these words uttered out of my mouth “ I don’t want any more snow now” 

Send it to the north west. Never wished I hadn't moved out of the north east more. Hope you've all made the most of it.

1 minute ago, Freezing-Point said:

Did not get that far I think.  I hate the new BBC graphics though.  Its difficult to see whats going on at times

agree, snow and cloud and frost all look the same unless its like the blizzard showing then its clear to see.