Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
8 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Only took two to knock the  three legged cat off the garage roof, so plenty to go round:whistling:

Could this be what your looking for ?

AAB2C896-9428-4660-A2B5-F925769257B6.jpeg

Posted
31 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Loving the Date on the Mean Chart - Pmsl 28th February which is.............dum dum daaaaa 10 days away.

Sheeesh

Roll on tornado season ay nothing to see here. ;)

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Roll on tornado season ay nothing to see here. ;)

Lol even thats looking a tad dodgy at present, thanks to La Nina burning most of Tornado Alley down and no precip for 5 months. And we moan about our weather here! Am sure it will all change over the next 3 months, and I am sure we will get to throw a snowball in the next 2 weeks. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Evening. I thought winter was coming to an end but hubbie just showed me his app showing snow end of week so I'm back here very very anxious coz 2nd March is my annual girly weekend away to Bognor Soul Weekend at Butlins - travelling from here Canvey/Benfleet and packing high heels and pretty dresses!!!! Please please tell me this snow ain't going to happen ???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Evening. I thought winter was coming to an end but hubbie just showed me his app showing snow end of week so I'm back here very very anxious coz 2nd March is my annual girly weekend away to Bognor Soul Weekend at Butlins - travelling from here Canvey/Benfleet and packing high heels and pretty dresses!!!! Please please tell me this snow ain't going to happen ???

Won’t happen ... and don’t mention apps lol ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sunny days!
4 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Thermals, just in case....

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Could be gripped in the midst of a freeze. :p 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol even thats looking a tad dodgy at present, thanks to La Nina burning most of Tornado Alley down and no precip for 5 months. And we moan about our weather here! Am sure it will all change over the next 3 months, and I am sure we will get to throw a snowball in the next 2 weeks. :D

10 days*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
1 minute ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Could be dodgy heavy snow predicted...if you can't go il have your ticket.:hi:

Ha ha well have to hire a snow plough instead of a minibus - might not bother with the spray tan this year though??

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

Do thermals go with dresses lol ? Sod it us girls are hard when it comes to cold ... jeez i used to wear next to nothing going clubbing ( what was I thinking ) 

One of my oldest friends told me in my teens, I went out in next to nothing (blame my age - couldn't remember...).  I couldn't think of anything worse now.  I did move on a lot, fell in love with ski slopes for many decades....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
6 minutes ago, Essex Chelle said:

Ha ha well have to hire a snow plough instead of a minibus - might not bother with the spray tan this year though??

Don’t forget these lovely thermals

Easy_Pleat_Knicker_khaki_ft.jpg?v=151141

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Don’t forget these lovely thermals

Easy_Pleat_Knicker_khaki_ft.jpg?v=151141

Lovely fashion accessory!!! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
Just now, trickybirdy said:

Lovely fashion accessory!!! 

They look quite comfy and warm lol, shame about the, er, colour

Posted

All jokes aside 5k people be travelling down for this weekend. I am admin on the Soul group for the weekend so I will be watching carefully to keep people up to date to alter travel plans if need be. Lot goes into these weekends. Not just the artists booked to play but all the fancy dress costumes bought/made. Cost my group £1300 for the weekend so if we can' go due to heavy snow it be gutting.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, stainesbloke said:

They look quite comfy and warm lol, shame about the, er, colour

They'd hide a lot of sin's, if one was having a problem with a really slippery slope and flat soles......  :D

Posted
1 minute ago, Essex Chelle said:

All jokes aside 5k people be travelling down for this weekend. I am admin on the Soul group for the weekend so I will be watching carefully to keep people up to date to alter travel plans if need be. Lot goes into these weekends. Not just the artists booked to play but all the fancy dress costumes bought/made. Cost my group £1300 for the weekend so if we can' go due to heavy snow it be gutting.

Hope you have a really good time. x

Posted
Just now, Essex Chelle said:

You should be ok, will be getting chilly this weekend but the real cold and possible snow won’t arrive until next week (if it does at all). Sounds like a fun weekend!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, trickybirdy said:

They'd hide a lot of sin's, if one was having a problem with a really slippery slope and flat soles......  :D

Haha! That’s true. Plus you could smuggle loads of miniature vodkas in them for warming purposes 

Posted
2 minutes ago, trickybirdy said:

Reminds me of when i was in brighton it was icy and i slipped at the top of a hill, slid all the way down and landed hard with my foot underneath me and everyone looking, god i was embarrassed and i sprained my ankle it was black and blue for ages.

Posted
2 minutes ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Seriously you'll be fine...can't see anything disruption weekend at earliest Sunday when your going home....Enjoy

we dont go till following Friday 2nd March.

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

Haha! That’s true. Plus you could smuggle loads of miniature vodkas in them for warming purposes 

Of course, or if it the beast from the east really does turn up, Brandy.... :yahoo:

• Like 1