Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

How I imagine we will be clearing our drives and paths very soon..................

28056124_1652714508153706_4637551702883376362_n.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
1 minute ago, abruzzi spur said:

Countryfile forecast only went out to Friday, as it always does.  No-one, not even the rather excitable snowmaggedon brigade on the MAD thread, was saying snow mayhem until later next weekend and into the following week.  I'd stick to the Met Office website updates, you know - the text ones written by a person rather than an app - and that will give you the best idea of what might happen.  

Deep breaths all round :)

I think we were all expecting Countryfile weather to be warning of Snowmaggedon incoming, lol

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

This might sound a bit far fetched and I could well be wrong but I wonder whether the forecasters have to be very careful how they present and word the forecast as not to induce panic in the general public.  As I say only a thought... 

Hi,

It isn’t far fetched at all they have to be cautious they’d rather take their time to see growing consensus we do have it so perhaps a bit strange but it’s more towards the latter end of their forecasting period? It’s like with the Met Office warning systems an amber-red wind warning activates protocols, which cost public/private organisations money however failure to do nothing can ultimately be more expensive and disruptive. 

Therefore it’s important for them to not to be wrong and to be accurate the beeb I find are not great, sometimes you do better from here. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

This is how the “cold” spell is going to pan out

giphy.gif 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
3 minutes ago, JennyJane1 said:

have you eaten the other 4339 already? :cc_confused:

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

I actually reckon that Lassie got rid of the thousands of bounty bars by using them as things to throw at the three legged cat, then when the 4330th one actually hit the poor cat and knocked it into the alleyway, he quickly ate the rest of the evidence and came onto netweather to post that he was worried the cat had had "an accident".

ONTO YOU, LASSIE!!!!!!:angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
41 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

What’s ‘a la mode’ this Spring? Wouldn’t put the thermals away just yet

Same as it is most Spring/summer, just in a different colour. Needless to say it can be still be chilly in spring so I added a jumper to basket.:good: I doubt my season swap will happen till at least May. 

A big BTW to those who think that by posting the NW 10 day meant I am excitedly  taking it as gospel. No i'm not. Been here long enough not to be that stupid, just take as it is 'tongue in cheek' you will get many from me in the months to come, especially when it states 95% of thunderstorms. be warned.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

I am more concerned at my basket cost than any charts. I am more likely to receive stuffs earlier than the cold coming. Hubs is about to pay.:shok: 

Posted

Evening

Thought I would pop in and see if we have progressed any from the Days 8-10 from the past 3 weeks.

Where are we now ? Have we crept into the magical Day 7 ? 

Lol loving the Mad Thread Meltdown tonight

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, shotski said:

Calm down guys. 

This is still a stonkingly good mean from the ECM

B07651F1-5EAE-4DFE-86DF-CAE359A9AE2C.png

Agreed for Southern England it’s looking v good. It’s put me at ease still could change...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Agreed for Southern England it’s looking v good. It’s put me at ease still could change...

The extended looks even better ?

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Loving the Date on the Mean Chart - Pmsl 28th February which is.............dum dum daaaaa 10 days away.

Sheeesh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Worth remembering the MO Text which has been consistent now for a few days implying greatest snow risk in the south and east. Kind of similar to the ECM mean I think.

Much as I value the input of many of the experts on the main thread, we should take confidence in what the MO are clearly seeing. Until it changes of course!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold
5 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Loving the Date on the Mean Chart - Pmsl 28th February which is.............dum dum daaaaa 10 days away.

Sheeesh

Just for you paul ?

8C92B47C-5123-421E-9765-4E4067093B09.png

C243664C-18A6-4243-B471-ADDBC69F2841.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looks like a miserable wet 36hrs coming up with temps of 9/10 degrees so at least it wont be cold.Been a lovely weekend here and pleasently warm in the sun-Finally got my garden sorted as last 3 weekends have been grim.A gradual cool down in temps from Weds but mainly dry and then its all eyes looking East come next Weekend!!The MOD thread is already at Fever pitch and i think could turn into a Mad House during the week as every Model Run is analysed to see if we are going to get hit by a super cold spell or if it all goes Tits up and the cold avoids the UK!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
1 hour ago, Paul1968 said:

Where do countryfile get there data from now? Is it the same muppets that the bbc use.

It states info provided by METEO Group so yes 

Edited by Badgers01

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
16 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Sheeesh

December 18th is looking good on the long range models for snow grains, only 10 months away :shok:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
1 minute ago, Snowflake Queen said:

The bounties are on you :friends:

Only took two to knock the  three legged cat off the garage roof, so plenty to go round:whistling:

• Like 1