Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE and East Anglia general weather discussion 11/02/2018 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowray said:

You might have to do a Steve M if you are going to get serious about your snow, or eventually it will drive you mad I tell you, completely crazy!:laugh:

I have already been looking at locations ideally in the 100-250m range.;)

I’ve taken his place as a ‘hithe’ resident someone needs to fill my place next. ;)

I have no interest in moving as of now I like where I live, all settled anything but snow haha, it’s just how terrible it is for snow. To be fair even highest parts of SE has seen very little over few years, some wet snow instead of rain/sleet oh great! House scouting for me would be above 200 meters and within commutable distance to London, that might not be easy - Caterham might be good... no idea of what the area is like, but it’s pretty high up in Surrey Hills. :D 

When death approaches I want to live beside the sea and suffer in misery again. :p 

We get a decent cold spell which seems a challenge and elevation shouldn’t be an issue. If my life falls apart :p I’ll head to Scotland be a recluse and live on top of a mountain. :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes!
5 hours ago, Snowflake Queen said:

soaked , cold and need a hot bath ... work was outside today and the wind is nasty mixed with the very cold rain ! Is anyone near the big fire in Greenford ? Could see the smoke still bellowing from where I was working 

I feel your pain! Today I actually hated my job...freezing rain driving into me and me and the horses plastered in mud. Grim!

Posted

If you run the radar loop now you can see the circulation of the precip perfectly, mirrored on the surface analysis..

E0CBAB19-48FA-4CAC-93CB-1ABBAC9070D3.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

i would be seriously jaffacaksed  off if we didn't get anymore snow this winter and it jaffacaksed it down with rain instead, that's just taking the jaffa cakes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Was minus 3 when I set off this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A frosty start but this has cleared quickly as the southerly breeze has picked up.

Posted

Been a dry few days here, no frost overnight and managed to sort the front garden, cut the grass and weed! Lovely day here, not sunny but the wind is starting to pick up now, roll on spring :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

So there's going to be snow here the week I go off skiing, that's great news. The first massive dumping in a decade and I won't be here to see it :wallbash: Oh the irony of being snowed in at Gatwick:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

It started off calm and quite bright, overnight low of 3C which was warmer than expected. Now it's 7C, overcast with the odd patch of drizzle and wind has got up, gusting at 32mph. I retreated from the garden into the greenhouse for my coffee - much nicer in there :) 

Posted

:drunk-emoji::cold::give_rose:

“Wintry showers may develop,with the potential for some significant snowfalls focused on southern, central or eastern areas. The location and intensity of any snowfall will be uncertain until much nearer the time."

• Like 4

Posted
10 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

wheres that from meto?? ^^^

surely not ramping....

Yes this is from the meto :yahoo:

UK Outlook for Monday 19 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 28 Feb 2018:

Dry, sometimes bright weather and light winds will predominate in the UK throughout next week, with increasing amounts of overnight frost. Rain or drizzle and stronger winds are possible at times in northwestern areas. Temperatures at the start of next week will be around average for the time of year, and probably slightly above average in the north. However, there will be a trend toward colder weather by the end of the week and into the following week, as winds turn predominately easterly. Wintry showers may develop,with the potential for some significant snowfalls focused on southern, central or eastern areas. The location and intensity of any snowfall will be uncertain until much nearer the time.

• Thanks 1

Posted

UK Outlook for Monday 19 Feb 2018 to Wednesday 28 Feb 2018:

Dry, sometimes bright weather and light winds will predominate in the UK throughout next week, with increasing amounts of overnight frost. Rain or drizzle and stronger winds are possible at times in northwestern areas. Temperatures at the start of next week will be around average for the time of year, and probably slightly above average in the north. However, there will be a trend toward colder weather by the end of the week and into the following week, as winds turn predominately easterly. Wintry showers may develop,with the potential for some significant snowfalls focused on southern, central or eastern areas. The location and intensity of any snowfall will be uncertain until much nearer the time.

UK Outlook for Thursday 1 Mar 2018 to Thursday 15 Mar 2018:

In first week of March, it is likely to stay cold with widespread overnight frost. There will be a greater chance than usual of easterly winds, which would bring very cold weather at times and the potential for some snowfall in eastern and even southern parts. Unusually, it will probably be driest in the northwest. In the second week of March there are indications that it may become more changeable and less cold, with the wettest weather and mildest temperatures likely to be in the south or the southwest of the UK.

• Like 1

Posted

:cold::yahoo: have all my :drunk-emoji::santa-emoji:come at once love it.

even funnier is the Mad mad thread discussing the breakdown lol

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Looking snowy next week.......hopefully

i was only a week out then:p was hoping the whole of march would be one long freeeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
2 hours ago, tomp456 said:

LOL.

Am right on the south coast. 

prectypeuktopo-2.png.39e6f32f96ffcc78cdb

Is this really looking likely to come off

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Here's the forecast for the foreseeable future:

It might rain, it might snow, it might hail, it might sleet, it might stay dry. 

The exact location and timings of any snow/rain are yet to be determined, and will probably only maybe be determined if and when rain/snow falls. 

It might get windy - the winds coming from the north, south, east or west. 

Temps will range from about 0 to 10 in the day, and similar at night - maybe colder - maybe not. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
3 minutes ago, DonnaThw said:

Is this really looking likely to come off

Seeing as we're both in the rain/sleet sliver, probably!

In all seriousness though - I doubt it, when was the last time virtually the entire country saw snow on the same day? It's over a week away so there will be plenty of chopping and changing in the models between now and then. 

Posted
1 minute ago, tomp456 said:

Here's the forecast for the foreseeable future:

It might rain, it might snow, it might hail, it might sleet, it might stay dry. 

The exact location and timings of any snow/rain are yet to be determined, and will probably only maybe be determined if and when rain/snow falls. 

It might get windy - the winds coming from the north, south, east or west. 

Temps will range from about 0 to 10 in the day, and similar at night - maybe colder - maybe not. 

You should write for the met office updates as you have mastered their writing style lol......we might have some weather ...maybe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
2 hours ago, tomp456 said:

LOL.

Am right on the south coast. 

prectypeuktopo-2.png.39e6f32f96ffcc78cdb

nah.