Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
20 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Looking at tonight, then the only chance of snow is evaporative cooling and heavy precipitation provided we get that. Freezing levels aren’t particularly high, but only very heavy PPN will do it. 

The euro 4 is just showing a weakening band of rain making it here by 6am with very little snow on the peaks of the Pennines. http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=prty&HH=24&ARCHIV=0&PANEL=0&ZOOM=0&PERIOD=

On the plus side, we may get another frost tonight and then maybe again tomorrow night so the weekend not looking particularly mild.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The GFS looks fairly mild to me .. compared to what we've had.. temperatures in double figures for most days on the run 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

This new update to Net-Weather seems to slow my browser down! Fine on any other page! :nonono:

Posted
23 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The GFS looks fairly mild to me .. compared to what we've had.. temperatures in double figures for most days on the run 

The Met Office is still going for colder weather from next week. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

even by GFS standards it'll have to be a huge turnaround.  Although perhaps the gfs isn't picking up on inversions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I will always be popping in here as well, although I mainly hang around the convective thread in the summer. I wish we had our own northern convective thread though as it’s full of southerners most of the time chasing MCSs while we read with jealousy. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

I see that its not a good time to post in the MOD thread, trying to stay topical is stressful

Image result for strict school teacher

22 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I will always be popping in here as well, although I mainly hang around the convective thread in the summer. I wish we had our own northern convective thread though as it’s full of southerners most of the time chasing MCSs while we read with jealousy. 

Yeah enjoy reading convective thread ,I'm not jealous though as I've seen plenty of HP supercells and an  EF 4 tornado.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, itsnowjoke said:

Boring weather 

lovely boring weather, dry warm and tools and clothes not plastered in cold mud...bliss.       Ill still be fruitlessly hoping for snow though!

• Like 2

Posted

First time the silly charts have had to venture into March to show the mother of all eastern freezes....maybe when they get to Mid April people might give up on it.  I do expect it to turn colder, and it may bring a little bit of snow....but I suspect most of the fun and frolics will dive into central europe.

In the near term, get this weekends drizzly bits out of the way and next week has grey, low cloud all week and not a drop of H20.  If your weather-bored now, next week will kill you with excitement.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Yes next week is summed up by fifty shades of grey.

Posted
2 hours ago, Had Worse said:

Yes next week is summed up by fifty shades of grey.

I think you will find the new one is fifty shades freed

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Doing well 

IMG_1671.JPG

Is that you in the picture moki 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deep Snow please said:

ECH0-240.GIF.png.f1ea93b98e505c8c066875d493fb97b0.png

t+240 so absolute fantasy island time, but can you just imagine this actually verifying for a second so we've got something to discuss?

Yeah it will be lovely, sunny, very cold and dry. 

The SE though would probably get a load of snow.

I' waiting for that HP to migrate to Greenland, then it should be then for us.

• Like 1

Posted

Spent most of the day at the airport watching the passenger airlines, nice crisp morning with plenty of ice and frost around which quickly melted once the sun came up. Bitterly cold wind still in places where it's exposed but nothing a few layers couldn't handle.