North west regional discussion

2 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

5-7 inches here deep crisp and even...well drifting but can’t complain....that’s why I’ve moved from snow starved Kent to 300m up here, well one reason, hoping some more makes it over the Pennines...

In your secret location which is not secret to me but everybody else bar you.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Desperate measures now!

Icicles like I've not seen since 2010

BBC1  0100-0200 The snow that never came. With @Cheshire snow @crewecold  @Backtrack @chrisc @captaincroc C.S 

Posted Images

Just now, Mountain Snow said:

http://www.mwis.org.uk/pdf/weather-forecasts/LD-MWI-WM11483_2018-02-27_160608_7510000.pdf

Serious day on the fells tomorrow, don't think I've seen a mountain forecast that severe before. -28C windchill. Wow.

The windchill was around -15c in a gale force Easterly wind when I was up on the fell tops on Saturday. Face was frozen even with full protective gear. -28c is just insane though!

• Like 1

ppn seems to pop out of nowhere here according to radar!

Maybe its because of colder air mass arriving perhaps?

Edited by pip22

Eastern fells seemingly becoming a snow machine generator - another incoming heavy snow shower this one longer lasting the one an hour ago, one an hour like this would result in a decent cover by dawn.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mountain Snow said:

http://www.mwis.org.uk/pdf/weather-forecasts/LD-MWI-WM11483_2018-02-27_160608_7510000.pdf

Serious day on the fells tomorrow, don't think I've seen a mountain forecast that severe before. -28C windchill. Wow.

Peak District is looking more/less the same as the lakes with -27'c windchill on the summits, 'whiteout' conditions and a possibility of lightning. I picked a fine day to head into Buxton tomorrow, might even take the 3hr walk over the tops back home if the snow accumulation isn't too bad. 

• Like 2