Jump to content

North west regional discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Desperate measures now!

Icicles like I've not seen since 2010

BBC1  0100-0200 The snow that never came. With @Cheshire snow @crewecold  @Backtrack @chrisc @captaincroc C.S 

Posted Images

People should really stop taking low res precipitation charts literally, especially when it's snow. Ok for a general idea, but it's not as if the precip is going to fall in the exact shape and position on the chart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Indeed.

I don't think it will get this far north which is great if you wana hang onto colder air but not so great if you want the snow from the system.

But its a long way away so will likely change :)

Its coming as far north as Carlisle and stalling 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, James M said:

People should really stop taking low res precipitation charts literally, especially when it's snow. Ok for a general idea, but it's not as if the precip is going to fall in the exact shape and position on the chart.

spot on.

its a radar jobby from mon to fri...

my stab for a hot spot in our region would be denshaw and places hardly sheltered from the pennines, think both me and you will get at least 5cm next week mate..

Edited by northwestsnow
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, northwestsnow said:

spot on.

its a radar jobby from mon to fri...

my stab for a hot spot in our region would be denshaw and places hardly sheltered from the pennines, think both me and you will get at least 5cm next week mate..

I'm quite hopeful, one thing for sure though, that windchill is going to be horrendous. Work on the moors might even be cancelled this week I reckon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

spot on.

its a radar jobby from mon to fri...

my stab for a hot spot in our region would be denshaw and places hardly sheltered from the pennines, think both me and you will get at least 5cm next week mate..

5cm!

f£&k me break out the champagne! 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, James M said:

I'm quite hopeful, one thing for sure though, that windchill is going to be horrendous. Work on the moors might even be cancelled this week I reckon.

Yes although we have the pennines confronting us we actually have the narrowest strip of hills when the winds are from the east/north east..

and we simply dont know at this stage yet if streamers will set up..

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

I know mate, one of the coldest spells in the last 30 years and they seem to indicate snow may struggle at the coast! -15 uppers I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad!!!

  It’s definitely not a question of marginality; they must just think not enough showers will make it this far west. I think they are wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just flicked through all available 12z charts and snow charts, Tuesday’s feature seems to be coming in further west now and shower activity does not match up with this mornings warnings. Would not be surprised to see the warning areas pulled back south & west tomorrow.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Just flicked through all available 12z charts and snow charts, Tuesday’s feature seems to be coming in further west now and shower activity does not match up with this mornings warnings. Would not be surprised to see the warning areas pulled back south & west tomorrow.

prectypeuktopo.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Just flicked through all available 12z charts and snow charts, Tuesday’s feature seems to be coming in further west now and shower activity does not match up with this mornings warnings. Would not be surprised to see the warning areas pulled back south & west tomorrow.

Hope you’re right! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a change in the 12z runs, precipitation reaches us earlier on Tuesday and reaches as far west as the Wirral and North Wales (GFS).

I’ve seen enough to see that it may happen no matter what future charts show - will be a radar job from tomorrow onwards. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mokidugway said:

Fu$k me this threads as bad as mad thread  ,temazepam anyone???

Did you build that stupid giant hand to stop snow showers getting through to you, perhaps you’re affecting the entire coast. Remove it please :rofl:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Did you build that stupid giant hand to stop snow showers getting through to you, perhaps you’re affecting the entire coast. Remove it please :rofl:

:sorry: Lol 

 

Or 

IMG_1697.JPG

Edited by Mokidugway
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...