Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
1 minute ago, Darren Bown said:

It doesn’t look like it from the BBC forecast I just saw, just showers piling into the NE mainly, with scattered showers elsewhere

I think thats the last for  here then, a nice 2cm covering this morning certainly beats most winters.    Does reinforce (as if it were needed) just how difficult it is to get substantial and lasting snow on the west coast, when you start to think about everything that has to go just right for us, its a miracle it ever happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Snowing moderately with decent sized flakes YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!! no work tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Also laying with ease

Posted

5 minutes of this and we'd have a dusting

Posted

Cracking winter's day today. 2 cm of snow and sunshine to start then heavy and light showers through the afternoon. 

Temperature already at -2.4C and potentially lots more showers to come over night. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Thunder Snow said:

Have you seen anything yet marra?

lightest of dustings you'd ever see this morning, a couple of 5/10 minute snow showers at work (sellafield), then just had another 5/10 minute light/moderate snow shower. Feels freezing.

Edited by I Cumbria Marra I

Posted

Go to 17:25 on the radar and look at the shower east of Penrith, then go to 17:50.....

...........:wallbash:

Posted

Nice shower is showing east of Manchester but I think it will narrowly miss me as it has a slight southwest direction.

By the way, it is extremely icy here and I was pleased to see all the snow has survived in Piccadilly gardens 

Edited by karyo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nothing here for hours. The trough must’ve been fuelling the showers and allowed them to pass over the Pennines. Now that it’s moved away, all of the showers have too. 

Rubbish. 75% of today’s cover has melted. 

Posted
1 minute ago, karyo said:

Nice shower is showing east of Manchester but I think it will narrowly miss me as it has a slight southwest direction

Was just thinking the same... it's as a 'blob' like potential but I think it's going to effect Denton/Stockport and nudge south of my locality.  Oh well, one's loss is another one's gain.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, I Cumbria Marra I said:

lightest of dustings you'd ever see this morning, a couple of 5/10 minute snow showers at work (sellafield), then just had another 5/10 minute light/moderate snow shower. Feels freezing.

had 20min shower this morning left a dusting, couple of flurries through the day. Not expecting out more now :(

Posted
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

Was just thinking the same... it's as a 'blob' like potential but I think it's going to effect Denton/Stockport and nudge south of my locality.  Oh well, one's loss is another one's gain.

I think southern parts of Man like Wythenshaw and the airport area may well get it.

Posted
Just now, karyo said:

I think southern parts of Man like Wythenshaw and the airport area may well get it.

Most likely... although last 5 minute frame has a direct eastwards shift instead of South East... or maybe I'm just being hopeful, but it would be nice to catch a glancing blow from it at least.

weatherblob.thumb.JPG.5d35d5dce506ba55ef1a03837f23fc2d.JPG

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
Just now, dodgeredee said:

Most likely... although last 5 minute frame has a direct eastwards shift instead of South East... or maybe I'm just being hopeful, but it would be nice to catch a glancing blow from it at least.

weatherblob.thumb.JPG.5d35d5dce506ba55ef1a03837f23fc2d.JPG

Tantalisingly close! It would be great to at least scrape a covering on roads and pavements again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

Another direct hit from that poky  shower.

All is white again now that sun has done one.

Could have 4 to 5 " outside door by morning.

Edited by Had Worse

Posted

Quite like it to give me a glancing blow here! I’m just a little too south. If it hits Wilmslow that could be enough to stop my gardening job there tomorrow morning as these showers seem pretty ferocious the last one gave q good couple of inches very quickly and caused chaos!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Snowing moderately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
10 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Yeah we might be too far north, with a bit of luck we might get the northern edge of it.