Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
1 minute ago, trickydicky said:

I like cold weather as much as the next bloke but by the end of March I'll be looking for some warmth. Never mind April. With this in mind it will probably be cold til mid May.

There's seems to be signs of mild weather towards the end of March in current weather patterns, although frankly I'd much prefer the cold to set in on the 26th February this year and last until the 26th July  next year. (1683-1684 on steroids)

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

MO text update sounds rubbish for the NW. 

Posted
16 minutes ago, trickydicky said:

I like cold weather as much as the next bloke but by the end of March I'll be looking for some warmth. Never mind April. With this in mind it will probably be cold til mid May.

I will take cold weather anytime. Spring can suck it! lol

Posted
5 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

MO text update sounds rubbish for the NW. 

As was pointed out to me in the mod thread; NW UK refers to Scotland and the Scottish Isles in that context.

We might not get as much snow as the east coast, but anything that falls will be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Will be surprised if we get more than 1 inch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

It might get cold , but all we'll see is a mix of sunny days and cloudy days with no Snow,the Pennines will see to that:fool:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

The latest output suits me down to the ground.. crisp days with (presumably) some sunshine .. days rising a few degrees above 0C.. falling to about -3C at night. Also dry. 

From a gardening perspective that's great as nothing gets damaged. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

The latest output suits me down to the ground.. crisp days with (presumably) some sunshine .. days rising a few degrees above 0C.. falling to about -3C at night. Also dry. 

From a gardening perspective that's great as nothing gets damaged. 

Screw your vegetables! Snow is where it's at for me, the latest run is a catastrophe even if the mad thread thinks the NE of England being buried somehow helps me, it doesn't. The charts up to this point have been showing a very useful easterly, we need them to keep that theme.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Long day at work and I haven’t looked at the latest charts so is it safe to enter the Mod thread or is the risk of toys being flung from prams just to high.

Posted
5 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Long day at work and I haven’t looked at the latest charts so is it safe to enter the Mod thread or is the risk of toys being flung from prams just to high.

It's safe all is well again, ECM throws a snow maker in the mix with a low travelling East to West across most of the country this time next week depositing widespread snow and freezing over the next day.  What could possibly go wrong?... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
1 minute ago, dodgeredee said:

It's safe all is well again, ECM throws a snow maker in the mix with a low travelling East to West across most of the country this time next week depositing widespread snow and freezing over the next day.  What could possibly go wrong?... 

Thank god for that, I didn’t fancy a 10 minute look followed by a 6 hour visit to A&E.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow.. frost. Freezing fog

Still not being taken in by these Stella charts... something will go wrong at T+72...