Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Bit of a miserable day so far.
Drizzly, grey and damp, with a heavy 2mm shower for 15 minutes at 8:15am.
Been dry since and trying to brighten up.

5.9c at 4am and now 7.4c
998.8 hPa

Wind has been all directions overnight and this morning, had W, WSW, SSW, ESE, E, S
its currently very light and SSW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Why oh why oh why did I think “I know, I’ll take a look at the Aperge for tomorrow” :wallbash:

235CF873-EBC0-4E8E-9B18-6060C6D912F5.thumb.png.896eb8bbf0c1814cfd921ffe5aad5330.png

You could not draw our region better if you tried... snowless.... yawn 

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
7 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Why oh why oh why did I think “I know, I’ll take a look at the Aperge for tomorrow” :wallbash:

235CF873-EBC0-4E8E-9B18-6060C6D912F5.thumb.png.896eb8bbf0c1814cfd921ffe5aad5330.png

You could draw our region better if you tried... snowless.... yawn 

Hardly surprising the way his winters gone so far. It’ll be interesting to see the reviews of this winter when it’s over, probably wildly different depending on where you are. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Pouring with rain here forecast was for a cloudless afternoon. Even when it' not cold they can't get it right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Starting to brighten up after a dull and damp day so far with rain and drizzle on and off. Doesn't even feel cold at the moment. 8.2°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

You could not draw our region better if you tried... snowless.... yawn 

What an insult!

I can almost make out 0.1cm over the mendips..

Don't know whether to laugh or cry :rofl::cray:

Posted
4 minutes ago, festivalking said:

Pouring with rain here forecast was for a cloudless afternoon. Even when it' not cold they can't get it right.

I’d rather have the type of wrong forecast some in the midlands have had today with unexpected snowfall. 

• Like 2

Posted

Another insulting picture courtesy of the midlands thread. 

63DBD458-7BA5-46C9-B5F6-844F24181A5B.png

:sorry:

Edited by matt111

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If anyone needs a reminder of what season we're actually in.... check out the Midlands thread.

Likewise, if anyone needs an excuse to give up dry January... check out the Midlands thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I darent go to the midlands thread or the MAD thread as I will end up throwing my phone across the room. Can’t wait until summer now. I can hear the cocktails and sunbed calling me....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

elevation is the key, as it's actually snowing here.........................................at about 10,000ft :80:

Posted
1 hour ago, matt111 said:

What we can hope for is a small scale low developing somewhere over us (January 2010 type). Chances of that happening though near 0%.

One can dream...:D

• Like 1

Posted

Yes,in no way troublesome I assure you,but looking round some of the more Northerly Regionals,its ironic how they are bemoaning seeing the thaw[upcoming] of the 30cm of level lying snow they have,days of 50p flakes,whiteouts ect.....I so feel for them lol,have to say though,some of the pictures are fabulous,just 200 plus miles North of us that's all.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

If anyone needs a reminder of what season we're actually in.... check out the Midlands thread.

Likewise, if anyone needs an excuse to give up dry January... check out the Midlands thread.

We’re in the same camp in SE as y’all:closedeyes: might have some snow tomorrow though:spiteful:

Posted

Missed out on most of the precipitation here today. Not that I mind when it’s only rain anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

We’re in the same camp in SE as y’all:closedeyes: might have some snow tomorrow though:spiteful:

Yes my good friend the iPhone app showed two hours if snow from 3-5am before rain thereafter. Thank god I get up that early lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

A few showers around today, mostly cloudy. But, it did turn sunny after 3pm. Top temp of 11.2°C

Currently 10.7°C - Hum: 86% - Dew: 8.5°C - Bar: 999.39hPa - Wind: WNW @ 6mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

All the Midlands snow has moved on now, so that’s made me happier :p

im just waiting for the moaning to begin because the snow up north will soon thaw. :aggressive:

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

im just waiting for the moaning to begin because the snow up north will soon thaw. :aggressive:

Probably about the only good thing about not getting snow here is we don’t have to watch it all disappear in front of our eyes. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
22 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

some ramping for tomorrow going on for sure in that thread......just thought I'd post my musings in there.......I fear there will be some disappointed punters in there come this time tomorrow....some snow for sure for some, but not as much as is being ramped......the french model (ARPEGE) even has some of us receiving snowfall tomorrow (fat chance!)

Posted
3 hours ago, matt111 said:

Come on folks let's recognise we are ...d this winter, it wont happen, whilst the Midlands north are pounded it aint gonna happen here, unless we get some longer lasting cold. nothing I've seen suggests that is going to happen 2-3 day cold sprints don't really so us any good unless you are north of the M4.. I'm thinking that north of the M4 should maybe the Midlands thread rather than SW as the weather is quite different. Leaves with tin hat on. .....

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
5 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

some ramping for tomorrow going on for sure in that thread......just thought I'd post my musings in there.......I fear there will be some disappointed punters in there come this time tomorrow....some snow for sure for some, but not as much as is being ramped......the french model (ARPEGE) even has some of us receiving snowfall tomorrow (fat chance!)

Arpege CLEARLY  does not understand the SW of the UK very well, with current temps of 10.2 C I wonder where it thinks snow might appear from? DOH!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

As there's absolutely nothing cheerful about the weather I popped into Bath today, so glad I did as I discovered Multiyork is closing down and flogging everything off. There's not a lot left so if you've got one near you pop down tomorrow for a look. Stock is 90% off, got a beautiful upholstered pouffe/footstool for £53, absolute bargain.