Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
7 minutes ago, fromey said:

Every now and again I’m seeing what looks to be icey bits hitting the window ?? Sleety, it is very few and far between at the moment 

Too much Gin sweetpea! Too ... much ... gin ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 minute ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Then your a better grandma than my mother! She only turns up when she wants something and demands our visit to her on birthdays or at christmas. So many times i've asked her to have the girls or just come and see them and it's always no thank you :-( Even when I was in hospital having an operation and she refused to help. Useless waste of space ... Any way moving along ... We are making a igloo cake ...

Well she's the one missing out. I've got three, two of them are a couple of weeks off their 3rd birthday, the youngest is 18mths old and there's another on the way. I spend as much time as I can with them, including having them for sleepovers here from being tiny babies. None of them will remember these times, they're too young, but they're memories I will treasure forever. Guilty of spoiling them rotten and there's not a hope in hell of me stopping or apologising for it. Your mum is the mad one and I'm sorry she can't see that. I know it's hard work and I know they'll drive you bonkers some days, but treasure those days because they'll be gone in a blink of an eye. Sod the housework, go and play!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms
17 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Too much Gin sweetpea! Too ... much ... gin ...

More like sleep deprivation!!:rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ended up with 17mm from that lot, more than I thought. A lot more rain to come tomorrow, as well.

5a82c7989ef62_RainDay(1).thumb.png.5ecb2258d9898092ccb3da8abffcda55.png

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
33 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Then your a better grandma than my mother! She only turns up when she wants something and demands our visit to her on birthdays or at christmas. So many times i've asked her to have the girls or just come and see them and it's always no thank you :-( Even when I was in hospital having an operation and she refused to help. Useless waste of space ... Any way moving along ... We are making a igloo cake ...

Sorry to hear all that. Have a hug! As jethro says her loss but its annoying as the extra help always comes in handy.  One set of my little one's grandparents live up in dorset so they can not help out, thank goodness the other set are just down the road and willing to help. Little ones are exhausting you never know how much fun frustration and love will come your way when you have a baby. Opened my eyes alot! 

I just hope I can build a snowman with my one before the winter is out!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
34 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just had some wet snowflakes here.

we just had some very wet snowflakes here.....so wet in fact that they were spherical, and transparent, most unusual so I had to google them.....apparently they're called 'rain drops' :80:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

some mild ramping going on in the Mad Thread.... guilty as charged :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low
5 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

some mild ramping going on in the Mad Thread.... guilty as charged :whistling:

Don't think it hasn't gone unnoticed!! :girl_devil:

5 days....if its still there come Saturday I'll get my ticket then! 

Well may be 3 days if its rock solid support......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

As has been said already this winter, if only this was snow as it is up north. A repeat tomorrow by the looks of it. Still hopefully it’ll be our turn soon. 

Posted

I hope @ajpoolshark doesn't look in the Mad Thread, because I'll get a telling off LOL :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

@karlos1983 your latest tweet makes it look like you wanted mild. :rofl:

Posted
Just now, matt111 said:

@karlos1983 your latest tweet makes it look like you wanted mild. :rofl:

LOL, I'm trying to use reverse psychology :rofl: 

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

I'd give anything to see more of mine but they're in Dubai. Hopefully at 15 and 4 months they won't recall they only saw me twice a year and I can make up for it when they return to the UK for good. Shame but it really is her loss Beka

• Like 2

Posted

what a day for my batteries to die on my rain gauge, apparently its been dry as a bone IMBY today :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

S after a very wet and blowy start the sun is now shining and after a brief lull in the wind it has now picked back up .

ive been out and about on the levels and the rivers are looking rather full and the roads are turning into small streams , so it's good to see that the lorries are out unblocking drains etc. If tomorrow is correct and it is rain then  we could be in for some " fun" 

Im really sorry storm force Beka that you aren't having fun with your mum . It is her loss but your children will know that yo love them very very much and that's all that counts . X 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, karlos1983 said:

what a day for my batteries to die on my rain gauge, apparently its been dry as a bone IMBY today :wallbash:

Oddly enough I was just about to ask you how much you recorded today as I'm way off the mark...some spooky things going on here...

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Dorsetbred said:

Oddly enough I was just about to ask you how much you recorded today as I'm way off the mark...some spooky things going on here...

first my sensor stopped, now my rain gauge. not convinced it's the batteries, because I usually get a warning! I do hope there hasn't been a solar flare :ninja:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Didn't expect so much rain earlier. Very Novemberish stepping out of the house first thing. Windscreen tested positive for sleet while driving into Bristol too.

Better now with occasional sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I literally had to stop myself in my tracks. Look at the text I was about to send my mum! Oh my god. I could have killed our cold chances with the press of a button ?.

thank god I came to my senses. 

9E6D8346-A284-486B-8F19-C2895395B621.png

Posted
11 minutes ago, khodds said:

I literally had to stop myself in my tracks. Look at the text I was about to send my mum! Oh my god. I could have killed our cold chances with the press of a button ?.

thank god I came to my senses. 

9E6D8346-A284-486B-8F19-C2895395B621.png

Image result for WTF meme :girl_devil:

But well done for holding off haha. The temptation is real! We must stay strong!

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

Only recorded 4.8mm here this morning which seems quite low compared to some on here. The clouds breaking up a bit now allowing the sun to come through. 

Posted
2 hours ago, jethro said:

Well she's the one missing out. I've got three, two of them are a couple of weeks off their 3rd birthday, the youngest is 18mths old and there's another on the way. I spend as much time as I can with them, including having them for sleepovers here from being tiny babies. None of them will remember these times, they're too young, but they're memories I will treasure forever. Guilty of spoiling them rotten and there's not a hope in hell of me stopping or apologising for it. Your mum is the mad one and I'm sorry she can't see that. I know it's hard work and I know they'll drive you bonkers some days, but treasure those days because they'll be gone in a blink of an eye. Sod the housework, go and play!

*Blub* Me and the eldest mad cakes this morning :-) Just collected youngest from nursery (outdoor yurt nursery) she is a drowned cold rat so snuggled her up on thick blankies to defrost. Blankets and tv all round :-D We have a toot toot train set set up for later :-D

I know she doesn't like me and that's fine but it hurts that she doesn't want my babies at such a young age. They change so quickly. I guess realistically I'm mad expecting her to do something to my children that she didn't even know how to do with us - looking after emotional needs and playing etc.

It can be taken in 2 ways really - A good miss that they don't need to be under her negative bad influence or just really sad that they are missing out. Esp when she does see them they ask for her for weeks after :-(

Any way enough about me. Life is hard enough with no snow LOL. Valium anyone? ;-)

• Like 1

Posted

there is going to be a spectacular falling out in the MOD thread if this currently modelled cold spell fails to deliver. It doesn't matter how many times you say "a SSW doesn't mean blocking in the right place" etc etc. When people see what's being modelled at present then it can only lead to many tiny toys out of many tiny prams.

I've got to say that I'm not enthused by it all yet. It's still more than a week away (first person to spot the killer shortwave at t+120?!) for starters and there's a big difference between the beginning of February and the beginning of march (yes, I know what could happen if everything falls right but...well....).

• Like 2