The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
4 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Almost ready throw in the towel and admit defeat on Tuesday's front :sorry:

About time too

Posted

I give up with it. Feel stupid now. Thursday looks snowy for the Midlands on the latest model runs but could go the same way.

Edited by MattStoke
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

I give up with it. Feel stupid now. Thursday looks snowy for the Midlands on the latest model runs but could go the same way.

Was about to post, same will likely happen to Thursdays front, we will be too far east, if it was rain though, would be over us all day 7.30am to 6pm

had a post 'flagged' up in model thread :oops:dunno why mine, no notifications.restrictions etc though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

There is no point in looking at what may happen Thursday as they don’t have a clue about what’s going to happen before then. All we no is it will get cold but there’s no point at all in looking further than say 3 days unless it’s just a general trend your looking at otherwise you will just get very disappointed. Trust me iv done it many times in the past. The path is very large unfortunately 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms

If I was going to make a punt I’d say there’s more chance of low pressure coming up from the se rather than fronts making it from the west. Proper cold can be very stubborn to shift and I think this will be one of those slow burner spells

Posted

I admitted defeat Wednesday with downgrades for today...same all next week too... dire winter even at 300m in nw... weather will do what it wants... Wednesday night was a surprise in central Manchester but other than that.... shile winter.....

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

Well the Met Office forecasts still say snow for the Mdlands on Tuesday and the models have gone back to showing some snow reaching our region, but very light. Wait and see, I guess.

Models also still showing snow for Thursday but that could well change.

Otherwise there may be a few well scattered snow showers/flurries pushinh across the region next week.

I guess it's best to just wait and see but not really expect much if anything. At least it's definitely turning colder.

Posted
1 minute ago, MattStoke said:

Well the Met Office forecasts still say snow for the Mdlands on Tuesday and the models have gone back to showing some snow reaching our region, but very light. Wait and see, I guess.

Models also still showing snow for Thursday but that could well change.

Otherwise there may be a few well scattered snow showers/flurries pushinh across the region next week.

I guess it's best to just wait and see but not really expect much if anything. At least it's definitely turning colder.

GFS is adament on the system just about packing enough punch to reach you guys.

Guess we wont have long to find out :)

Posted
34 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

Well, well, well. Snow warning for Tuesday extended to cover parts of the West Midlands.

508B911A-B4CD-41C4-8C32-5C6C44393B60.jpeg

In line with what the models have been showing over the last 24 hours!!dunno why the warning was way out west yesterday cos when they issued it the models at the time were showing the band further east compared to now!!

Posted

The ICON and Aperge did kill it off just north and west of the Midlands yesterday but now have it further south and east. 

Typical of the weather to go with my intial thoughts just as I had thrown in the towel :rofl:

12 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

The ICON and Aperge did kill it off just north and west of the Midlands yesterday but now have it further south and east. 

Typical of the weather to go with my intial thoughts just as I had thrown in the towel :rofl:

I think we'll get a few flurries. Nothing substantial. You've probably got the best chance in the midlands being further north and east.

Posted
15 minutes ago, MattStoke said:

For the west of the region literally just about in the game!!central and east midlands look like missing out this time!!12z will probbably confirm everything now!

Posted

I’ll be very surprised if we get more than just a few light flurries on Tuesday tbh. Hope I’m wrong but it will just be dull and raw...we shall see