Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
DiagonalRedLine

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 19/01/2018 Onwards

3 minutes ago, BleakMidwinter said:

MIA posted in the model thread that this was the second-coldest 7-day period of late Feb/Mar, second only to 1947, going all the way back to 1772.

That's pretty amazing... 

@Midlands Ice Age - did I get that right? It was from memory, forgive me if I lost a century here or there!

Yep the data is correct....

But I posted it in here not the MOD. I tend to stay out of the MADhouse as much as possible.:D

MIA

• Thanks 1

That is some really heavy precipitation south of us!!and reports coming in of heavy snow sticking in oxford and aylesbury!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bearing said:

I was stood looking out of the patio doors in a bit of sun the other day and it felt lovely and warm, plenty of energy in it.

wednesday? helped to create those mega snow showers

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

wednesday? helped to create those mega snow showers

I'm trying to remember, couldn't have been Wednesday as I was at school all day.  Feel like it was yesterday but don't recall any sun...

That ppn looks seriously heavy, heavier than yday

3 minutes ago, bearing said:

I'm trying to remember, couldn't have been Wednesday as I was at school all day.  Feel like it was yesterday but don't recall any sun...

Actually there was a bit of sun yesterday, low cloud cleared and could see frontal cloud coming up from south

1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Actually there was a bit of sun yesterday, low cloud cleared and could see frontal cloud coming up from south

Must have been then, it felt fabulous, a little hope for the warm days ahead once we've had our winter fun.

4 minutes ago, Vmistry said:

That ppn looks seriously heavy, heavier than yday

We should start getting some reports in here pretty soon, looks to just be on the edge of our area.

Yep - heavy snow coming your way - given a covering.....again! :yahoo:

One more photo oppertunity coming up for us.... looking at the radar

Just now, bearing said:

We should start getting some reports in here pretty soon, looks to just be on the edge of our area.

Could be a fun few hours of snow

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nobble said:

Could be a fun few hours of snow

You Pelsall folk are getting greedy! :D

Whereabouts in Pelsall are you?  My grandma lived at the bottom of Mouse Hill and my cousin lives on Church Road.

For the past few days, have made comparisons between METO and BBC weather forecasts (short-term only), surprisingly BBC have been spot on for my region. Don't know about any of you guys?

Heaviest Snow On The Way of This Week.  Really Intense on Way Up.  Letter Box Blowing Now.  Going Out With A Bang.  I Keep You Updated.

1 minute ago, bearing said:

You Pelsall folk are getting greedy! :D

Whereabouts in Pelsall are you?  My grandma lived at the bottom of Mouse Hill and my cousin lives on Church Road.

👍🏻🤣🤣 nest common, faces pelsall north common , beautiful scenery made better with heavy snow , only 6 houses on road so any more than 3 inch of snow and it's fun getting out , first year we moved in was 6 months before the infamous 2010 cold spell , couldn't get out of road a couple of times , and got down to -15 just before Xmas 

1 minute ago, Winter80s said:

Heaviest Snow On The Way of This Week.  Really Intense on Way Up.  Letter Box Blowing Now.  Going Out With A Bang.  I Keep You Updated.

flakes should be bigger as air is less cold, wetter too, but may not stick on all surfaces as the wind is howling

1 minute ago, sawan said:

For the past few days, have made comparisons between METO and BBC weather forecasts (short-term only), surprisingly BBC have been spot on for my region. Don't know about any of you guys?

Well BBC are saying sleet for Walsall for next few hours when it's clearly snow as per reports and radar. But generally I agree, in short term (2-3 days), BBC have been better. They just don't like comitting on long term forecasts

2 minutes ago, nobble said:

👍🏻🤣🤣 nest common, faces pelsall north common , beautiful scenery made better with heavy snow , only 6 houses on road so any more than 3 inch of snow and it's fun getting out , first year we moved in was 6 months before the infamous 2010 cold spell , couldn't get out of road a couple of times , and got down to -15 just before Xmas 

That's not far from the canal is it?

Maybe an hour of snow coming up for me, guessing from the radar. Places a little further east, say Coventry, could do quite a bit better. :)

Just started in Northants, big flakes and snow all the way :-)

Probably good for snow here, as Stoke is normally one of the coldest spots in the Midlands. Just often a lack of precipitation (No lack when it's rain though!).

1 minute ago, bearing said:

That's not far from the canal is it?

About 200 metre

• Like 1

Just now, WalsallWeather123 said:

Well BBC are saying sleet for Walsall for next few hours when it's clearly snow as per reports and radar. But generally I agree, in short term (2-3 days), BBC have been better. They just don't like comitting on long term forecasts

BBC forecast for Coventry was light snow starting at 8:00pm,which is not too bad, METO way of the mark, what about METO for you?